SRAM XO Trail brakes

B20

Obviously i'm a SRAM fan as well, as i'm a weee bit impartial to Shitmano, I mean i don't hate Shitmano i just think they shyte.

I run XO Trail brakes and they are as awsome for me as they are with the OP. You mention a wealth of experience with both brands but seem to bash SRAM with Turkey Warble, well as informed as you are, you should be well aware that Turkey Warble is not brand specific, it happens on any brand and not all the time with every bike but only sometimes on some bikes.

The reasons are many and not only specific to the brakes. Whilst the source of problem starts at the brakes, the noise is actually the vibration resonating through something else on the bike. Finding that "something" else is the key to fixing the problem. It could be the rotors, spokes, wheel rim or even the frame.

E.G. I have have never had Turkey warble with any of my SRAM brake setups. And i've had a few different septups since venturing onto the dark side. the other day i changed my ZTR wheels for my spare set, and presto!!! i had the warble when applying front brakes, I removed the wheel, remounted the rotor with some loc-tight, tensioned the spokes, Warble sorted !!! so it was either the rotor or spokes that were a bit sloppy.

And heres another example. Trying to sort an alu frame bike warble on the rear brake, i was walking next to the bike while the rider was moving slowly on a downhill while applying the screaming brake. On looking closely i realised / saw the hydraulic brake pipe was vibrating against the frame, when i held it between my fingers the screaming stoped. So we wrapped the hose with some electrical tape and thin sponge ...problem sorted..... and yes it was a Shitmano setup.

learn and understand the reasons of resonance and vibration before singling out a specific brand with a turkey warble problem.

Bud, brake hose vibrating on frame is not the same as Avid turkey wobble. And the wobble also means fade, performance, and other related issues, it's not just the sound....

Avid turkey wobble is a perfect storm of heat, fluid, pad and rotor combination. You do not get that same noise on a Shimano setup. And if you run ICE-TECH Rotors with XT / XTR brakes, you don't have to worry about countless bleeding, adjustments, fade, rotors, etc... 

I actually also really enjoy Formula brakes... and as per Martin, I will try out some SRAM Guide's soon, I just can't imagine that I need "more" performance when the benchmark is XT/XTR/ICE-TECH.

AVID/SRAM rotors IMHO has also really been *** in the past.

Again, I'm not comparing BRAND A vs. BRAND B, thats just silly, I am comparing XT/XTR/ICETECH against the common "Avid Brakeset".