Crankset re anodizing ??? Worth it?

Rider3000

(i love them to bits)

I'm confused, we are talking about those two pieces of metal that you put the pedals on, right?

Maybe ask how they feel first, they might be very against any sort of make over. I find poetry is a powerful medium to convey emotion when words alone seem inadequate. Here's a start:

Oh my crank arms,

how I yearn to drive you hard

your sleekness belies your inner strength

you've turned in obedience for me

countless times over

sometimes at night

I just want to torque you right

Shebeen, on 25 Sept 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

I'm confused, we are talking about those two pieces of metal that you put the pedals on, right?

Maybe ask how they feel first, they might be very against any sort of make over. I find poetry is a powerful medium to convey emotion when words alone seem inadequate. Here's a start:

Oh my crank arms,

how I yearn to drive you hard

your sleekness belies your inner strength

you've turned in obedience for me

countless times over

sometimes at night

I just want to torque you right

Stop Torquing to your crank arms and PUNISH them... :)

Those crank arms that Bogus did looks awesome!!! Ill definitely look into that as its exactly what im after! And the chain rings is what i wanted to re-anodize... spoke to about 4 people, they all said it no problem at all as they have done those before. I want to go stealth black on them... at the moment they are an old terrible greyish colour... lol Its my winter training bike.

how about re-anodizing the aluminium rear triangles? If a neodymium magnet doesn't pick anything up, is it relatively safe to have it done? 

I'm no guru on how safe it is to anodize your rear triangle and what complications there may be.  Just be warned that ordinary anodizing is generally a poor quality finish and scratches easily.  Hard anodizing is a lot more durable but limited to a dark green/black colour and natural aluminium as far as I can remember.  You cant get the bright greens, blues, pinks, yellows reds and oranges in hard anodizing

• 3 weeks later...

This was a old crank that I polished and the frame is all so polished. The before and after photo of the bike that,s polished.

post-39913-0-38530200-1413433383_thumb.jpg

post-39913-0-00637100-1413433453_thumb.jpg

post-39913-0-23590100-1413433545_thumb.jpg

post-39913-0-66010400-1413433801_thumb.jpg

I did it at home with a polisher that I got from The Tool Shop in Randburg. And from what I was reading on the internet. I use oven cleaner with different grades of sand paper to get out all the marks and then I start the polishing proses, That's the best part. After the polishing is done, I use ALL METAL POLISH to protect the aluminium.

Archived