Edgescope: load and view your ride from Garmin Edge GPS on smartphone

carbon29er

Does anyone know of something like this for a bryton. I am slowly but surely starting to get buyers remorse about my bryton, I am struggling with the computer app and I cant seem to find any other accessories for it. Rider 60

I believe Edgescope is avialable on both OS.

not sure about the rest.

I just typed Garmin Uploader into the search bar and got a few options. (some costs around R14.00 on Android)

Thanks for this

I always had to wait to get to a PC to upload my ride, obviously useless on a stage race or in the bush but I found and loaded Edgescope. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.fulvio.edgescope

The blurb:

Edgescope is an Android application to view activity data from any Garmin Edge GPS through the USB cable, simply get a micro OTG cable and upload and share your ride.

It can load activity .fit files directly from your Edge device or from the file system.

It shows main activity information, as well as the graphs and the map.

You can also upload your activity on Garmin Connect and Strava sites from Edgescope.

My experience:

This free app has been a revelation, after my workout/ride I simply connect my Garmin to my phone via a OTG mico USB cable and select the workout from the Garmin. I can then view my ride through a simple summary screen:

attachicon.gifIMG_20140922_180405.png

It is then possible to upload to Strava and Garmin connect by simply touching the screen.

Additional screens show your route on a map (similar to a Strava map):

attachicon.gifIMG_20140826_110021.png

or you can review the graphs of your speed, altitude or heart rate.

It takes about 30 seconds to upload after a ride, so it's possible to do while waiting for the post ride coffee to arrive. But to do this you will need to carry the OTG cable on your ride. 10g extra weight.

Once you upload to Strava, all the additional Strava functionality becomes available, as if you have used your smartphone. With one huge exception. ALL your data is loaded, accurately, not like the phone app where you are given extra metres climbing.

I've used Edgescope since February, I can really recommend it if you have an Android phone and a Garmin Edge GPS.

• 2 years later...

Seeing as there has been some old treads resurrected recently....

I've been using the Garmin Connect Uploader app , with an OTG cable connection between my Edge 800 and Samsung S6 Edge, mentioned earlier without any issues till about 2 weeks ago.

Now I'm getting a Server 403 error.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I've been using the Garmin Connect Uploader app , with an OTG cable connection between my Edge 800 and Samsung S6 Edge, mentioned earlier without any issues till about 2 weeks ago.

Not sure if it's related but i saw when the Wahoo Fitness app updated on the iPhone, it said Garmin had changed things:

"Unfortunately, Garmin Connect is no longer accepting uploads from non Garmin devices and apps. We have therefore removed support for this share site."

Try Edgescope with a load to Strava then use Tapiriik to sync Strava to GC. Still works without issue.

Oh, and pay Tapiriik the five bucks to do it automatically. They deserve some reward.

Try Edgescope with a load to Strava then use Tapiriik to sync Strava to GC. Still works without issue.

Oh, and pay Tapiriik the five bucks to do it automatically. They deserve some reward.

I could do that but then Discovery won't allocate the points [emoji19]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I could do that but then Discovery won't allocate the points [emoji19]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

They will.

On GC the device is listed as a Garmin. Points are allocated as long as the device is a Garmin, it's irrelevant how it got onto GC.

Archived