To Hell & Back Stage race 15 & 16 Nov-14

Jacques Lotriet

i remember all those goodie bags standing behind the registration table that guys just didn't bother rockin up to collect, Also we weren't even sure if race was going to go ahead, hence the 30min delay so plenty guys just turned around & went back to where ever they came from, those who camped climbed back into their sleeping bags. But I can tell you I was relieved when they said we are going to race as I specifically came up from Cape Town only for the race & what a treat it was when we arrived in The Hell, cooling off in the river was Devine.

less people also meant shorte ques at the bathrooms  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

i'll definitely do it again just not this year way too many races & injuries & became a father in the interim.

I think the problem for H&B is that it is competing with a few high profile races at that time of the year for people's time & money (like Wines2Whales, Double Century even 94.7), and its a bit similar to Karoo2Coast so a lot of people won't do both in the same year.

That said, had a great time 2 years ago, planning to be back next year.

I think the problem for H&B is that it is competing with a few high profile races at that time of the year for people's time & money (like Wines2Whales, Double Century even 94.7), and its a bit similar to Karoo2Coast so a lot of people won't do both in the same year.

That said, had a great time 2 years ago, planning to be back next year.

Last year i did all of the above & more (OOT & BURGER)  except 94,7, boy that route was challenging & gruelling at the same time. I particularly enjoyed Day1 as I've never climbed that high for that long ever, it gave me a slight bit of an idea what the Europeans Cols are like but i know that it is still nowhere close. i did K2C this year again & imo they are not the same, the only similarity is the wide District roads, but THB the climbs felt like forever at K2C it didnt, THB 2 Day Stage Race, K2C only one.

Edited by milky4130

i did K2C this year again & imo they are not the same, the only similarity is the wide District roads, but THB the climbs felt like forever at K2C it didnt, THB 2 Day Stage Race, K2C only one.

Point taken, maybe should have said loosely related

I meant similar in the sense that it is non-technical mountain dirtroadie race in the same part of the Southern Cape, so in that sense I think it would appeal to the same kind of rider.

Personally I would not do both in the same year unless I have a much bigger budget!

Personally I would not do both in the same year unless I have a much bigger budget!

Yeah i was very fortunate, no such luck this year or ever again, will have to hand pick my races from now on.

• 4 months later...