26" Tyres

CdT85

Hi All,

I am relatively new to the hub, only using it to buy and sell components.

I however need some advice. I own two 26" MTBs, one HT, one FS but am struggeling to find decent 26" tyres. Seems no-one stocks them anymore.

My current setup I ran was Maxxis High Roller 26 x 2.35 rear and Maxxis Minnion 26 x 2.5 Front.

Due to a suspension upgrade I am currently limited to a 2.35 front.

Now my dillema, I cant find stock at my lbs, and the supplier also wont be getting in. What tyres do you suggest I get for all mountain/freeride use and can one actually still get decent quality 26" tyres?

I do not really want to buy a new MTB, seeing that I am a shorty, my 26" mtb suites me fine, and am quite attached to my rides.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanx

hey man, drop OJvJ a pm - he just bought tyres from a guy in Durbanville that had shelves and shelves of 26" tyres for sale.

I'm sure Mason's also has some tyres left, if not - put a wanted add on here - should be helped pretty rapidly.

Hi All,

I am relatively new to the hub, only using it to buy and sell components.

I however need some advice. I own two 26" MTBs, one HT, one FS but am struggeling to find decent 26" tyres. Seems no-one stocks them anymore.

My current setup I ran was Maxxis High Roller 26 x 2.35 rear and Maxxis Minnion 26 x 2.5 Front.

Due to a suspension upgrade I am currently limited to a 2.35 front.

Now my dillema, I cant find stock at my lbs, and the supplier also wont be getting in. What tyres do you suggest I get for all mountain/freeride use and can one actually still get decent quality 26" tyres?

I do not really want to buy a new MTB, seeing that I am a shorty, my 26" mtb suites me fine, and am quite attached to my rides.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanx

Online bud. The local guys have a good selection and if you want even more get them sent in from overseas.

But as Vangar has said, check out Evo, they will certainly have something that will suit your needs.

We've got Onza Ibex and Canis, as well as WTB Wolverine and Bronson all in 2.25, and we can get the Onzas in 2.4 as well. 

Thanx guys. I went the chainreaction cycles route. Will probably have to buy some back up stock I guess? seem 26 is dying completely?

Thanx guys. I went the chainreaction cycles route. Will probably have to buy some back up stock I guess? seem 26 is dying completely?

Well it will if everybody keeps buying overseas and doesn't support our local guys. But anycase thats a different story.

EDIT: That sounded a bit judgemental, but just an oservation, local prices are good and less hassle.

I would prefer to support the local guys, but tried three different shops around me and everyone just shrugs and tell me their suppliers don't have and they can't help me

Well it will if everybody keeps buying overseas and doesn't support our local guys. But anycase thats a different story.

EDIT: That sounded a bit judgemental, but just an oservation, local prices are good and less hassle.

True, but we wouldn't need to go the overseas in the first place if the local importers actually brought in any 26" tyres.. I know Maxxis and Kenda didn't bring in any of the top range tyres like the Ardent, High Roller II, Honey badger, etc in 26".

So our choices are just limited but you can find tyres. Maybe if we all put in a order from the importers of Maxxis for example they'll accommodate it...

I fully agree with enjoi. been trying over a month now to source either Maxxis/Kenda tyres. Nearly had a mayor wipeout last night due to bald tires because I cant find tyres

True, but we wouldn't need to go the overseas in the first place if the local importers actually brought in any 26" tyres.. I know Maxxis and Kenda didn't bring in any of the top range tyres like the Ardent, High Roller II, Honey badger, etc in 26".

So our choices are just limited but you can find tyres. Maybe if we all put in a order from the importers of Maxxis for example they'll accommodate it...

They are out of stock of all 2.4 front tires....

Ahhh crap. Didn't realise it was that bad. I'd be in as well, looking to replace the rubber on my 26er to something better.

Ahhh crap. Didn't realise it was that bad. I'd be in as well, looking to replace the rubber on my 26er to something better.

But it looks like easybike has some good ones in stock!!!!! :D  :D  :D

So now we need to find someone that knows the Maxxis importers so we can try organise a deal.. Then the locals and 26" will "survive"...

Archived