A "big up"

KevinHow

Hi, Guys..

I thought I would put this out there as when it occurred I was a little taken a back. What took me back a bit was the positive attitude, level of commitment, an apparent level of service that you would associate with professionalism or indeed someone who cared about the customer. As already mentioned, and as you can imagine, I was surprised.

Add into the mix what seemed to come across as knowledgeable directness, sprinkled with a leadership style, which endeared reassurance, and “hey presto”.

I must admit I was now feeling as if I was transitioning into a better space, a space that had an affect and began to make me feel more confident and comfortable. This was a Specialized Concept Store, “WOW” Hubbers they don’t even sell my bike brand, go figure…

Anyway let’s back peddle a bit……….

After my LBS had unsuccessfully resolved my rear XTR cassette problem (diagnosed as oval rivet hole on sprocket 5/6 - i.e. these two sprockets were moving), and had no Shimano spares, with which to help me out, I took it upon myself whilst at my brand LBS to give Heino a call at Concept Cyclery. I explained the current situation…

I was taken aback at the positive and determined attitude, something you associate with the “old days”, you know guys when men were men and sheep had a colonial ascent!. It was almost Arnie..ish, the voice said “Bring your bike here now”, “I want to fix it”. "Baie manhaftig en doelbewus”. I got into the car (I had forgone my ride in the morning thinking my LBS would fix the problem, but they didn’t, good coffee though?) and drove down to Melrose Arch.

Heino was waiting, like a Harley Street surgeon he was ready. Jislike.., you should have seen how quickly this problem was addressed. Heino took the sick patient away and removed the rear cassette, quicker than a "German tourist can whip out a beach towel and hog the swimming pool” and straight after, the Shimano cassette was taken off his own personal bike and fitted onto mine.

I am going to take this XTR cassette back to the supplier in the morning “he said” in a very controlled and terministic type of way (I noticed he had a very short haircut, which made me think is he human, half human, half machine - the Mechaniator…?., go he said, go and ride your bike, right I said, however it was now 16.00hrs “ en ek het nog nie die hond geneem vir sy daaglikse wandeling deur die burbs.

Heino had already said he was going to take the XTR cassette back to the Shimano guys , so verbeel jou my verbasing en dankbaarheid toe Heino terug kom  met 'n replament XTR kassette Hoe is dit vir kliënte diens. The point of this “Big up” is to say a big thank you to Heino and the joking apart to the Concept Cyclery Team at Melrose Arch. As you Hubbers know, things like this just do not happen to often in bike shops, and the fact that someone (Heino) bothered to do what we all expect our own LBS to do but don’t says it all - Thanks Heino. Very decent bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon on the way

P.S. All I need now is the seal replacement kit for my SID World Cup Fork from Cape Cycles. I have only been waiting nearly three months…….?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short version

1) Local LBS stuffed up, Heino from Concept Cyclery saved the day: thank you.

2) Cape Cycles: please pull your finger and send the stuff I ordered: thank you.

Thats it

Short version

1) Local LBS stuffed up, Heino from Concept Cyclery saved the day: thank you.

2) Cape Cycles: please pull your finger and send the stuff I ordered: thank you.

Thats it

I flipping well like you. You are my type of guy, straight to the point. If only you worked at the LBS or Cape Cycles. Best K

Kev, please take note

Positive attitude

Level of commitment

Professionalism

Knowledgeable directness

Endeared reassurance

Cabernet Sauvignon

These are all Level5 Physiological Danger Words here in Hubland, never-never-never use all of them again in ONE post! :)

Kev, please take note

Positive attitude

Level of commitment

Professionalism

Knowledgeable directness

Endeared reassurance

Cabernet Sauvignon

These are all Level5 Physiological Danger Words here in Hubland, never-never-never use all of them again in ONE post! :)

HA! ha!, thanks for the heads up 

In classic cape cycles system style making you wait for ages,waited forever to have my rival sti's replaced due to a factory fault eventually sold them as is.

On the other hand I must say that I received excellent service from cool heat,called the agents spoke to Jade explained what's wrong with my sti's, he took my details and advised mark (the rep) will collect them and within 4days I had them replaced.

Thumbs up to concept cyclery we need more of these kinda shops.

In classic cape cycles system style making you wait for ages,waited forever to have my rival sti's replaced due to a factory fault eventually sold them as is.

On the other hand I must say that I received excellent service from cool heat,called the agents spoke to Jade explained what's wrong with my sti's, he took my details and advised mark (the rep) will collect them and within 4days I had them replaced.

Thumbs up to concept cyclery we need more of these kinda shops.

Hi, Malpiet. Thanks for the support. Could not agree more on the supplier comments, although I have never experienced anything like the Cape Cycles service, anywhere, and i have travelled around a bit?. Like you say, great bunch at Cool Heat though. You know maybe we should start a table/league of the best and worst suppliers and there level of customer service. All to often bikers get a rough deal...?

Smacks of a one sided story .

You have my attention, only because i am not sure where your coming from with the comment or are you just being provocative

You have my attention, only because i am not sure where your coming from with the comment or are you just being provocative

I am always proactive.

You have given your side and I find it a bit inconsistent .

If there is one importer that has always gone above and beyond it has been Cape Cycle Systems.

I am always proactive.

You have given your side and I find it a bit inconsistent .

If there is one importer that has always gone above and beyond it has been Cape Cycle Systems.

I said Provocative. Not Proactive. There is a big difference. Two of us have had bad experiences with CCS, which are totally unrelated. I do not see any inconsistency with the explanation, and bye the way I have been I waiting for three months. In that time I have been told a totally different story every time I chase my seal kit. Which by the way I still have not got. 

I suppose the "law of averages" works out in someone's favour every now and then and that someone would possibly have been you

I said Provocative. Not Proactive. There is a big difference. Two of us have had bad experiences with CCS, which are totally unrelated. I do not see any inconsistency with the explanation, and bye the way I have been I waiting for three months. In that time I have been told a totally different story every time I chase my seal kit. Which by the way I still have not got. 

I suppose the "law of averages" works out in someone's favour every now and then and that someone would possibly have been you

Sorry I read that wrong, I really didn't anticipate a man calling another man provocative.

I guess the law of averages worked well in my favour, but I will point out that till now we have only heard one side of the story.

Sorry I read that wrong, I really didn't anticipate a man calling another man provocative.

I guess the law of averages worked well in my favour, but I will point out that till now we have only heard one side of the story.

You just need to position your P.O.V. better and use the correct grammar. Anyway time to move on with this conversation. 

You carry the lantern and hold it high. Your narative expertise made complete sense in the experience you wanted to convey to the rest of the Hub community. All the quirky replies and criptic comments are just made to make you stray from your good intentions and valued information. Maintain your resoluteness and spread the message. Good on you.

You carry the lantern and hold it high. Your narative expertise made complete sense in the experience you wanted to convey to the rest of the Hub community. All the quirky replies and criptic comments are just made to make you stray from your good intentions and valued information. Maintain your resoluteness and spread the message. Good on you.

Wow, you have given me a lump in the throat. Your narrative expertise is also to be admired, and thanks you are up there in my book. Best K

You just need to position your P.O.V. better and use the correct grammar. Anyway time to move on with this conversation. 

I misread a word you typed and now I have a grammar issue.

Now you are becoming childish, this in itself makes your story appear that it's covered with truths that you have failed to mention.

But good luck with that .

Archived