[Event] HAKAHANA ENDURO-ONE

HAKAHANA TRAILS

For those that have said they are coming, please indicate it on the event page if you have not done so already.

Having a good idea of attendance before the day will help us plan the event the best we can.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oooooooowwwweeeeeeee this sounds like a whole bunch of fun!!!!!

Count me in :thumbup:

Ill be rocking it on my 29er hard tail :nuke:  :excl:

Sweet! I have an enduro bike but I may rock the hard tail just for fun!

Do you have a idea what time we will start and finish. I have a 40th to go to so I cant leave later than 14h00.

Do you have a idea what time we will start and finish. I have a 40th to go to so I cant leave later than 14h00.

Start time should be released in the next few days, based on our last planning meeting you should have ample time to finish and enjoy a few cold ones at the trail centre afterwards.

Start time should be released in the next few days, based on our last planning meeting you should have ample time to finish and enjoy a few cold ones at the trail centre afterwards.

That sounds fantastic.

For those wanting to check out the enduro trails. We are going to ride all 3 stages this Sunday. Meet around 8am. Ready to ride by 8:30.

As said "ALL WELCOME"

I doubt he will look at your bike and say "you are not allowed to enter"

It depends on the rider what he/she can ride or not with what ever bike he/she brings to the party.

At Karkloof Enduro I passed two guys who basically walked their bikes all the way down Bat Outta Hell. I think that's when you know Enduro is not for you.

At Karkloof Enduro I passed two guys who basically walked their bikes all the way down Bat Outta Hell. I think that's when you know Enduro is not for you.

My claim to fame is still that I didn't come stone last at the mankele enduro on a entry level xc focused ht with caliper brakes. My hands where really tired though. And that was basically the last race that bike will ever do.

My claim to fame is still that I didn't come stone last at the mankele enduro on a entry level xc focused ht with caliper brakes. My hands where really tired though. And that was basically the last race that bike will ever do.

Well done! Seriously though, the marathon route went down all the same stuff. Even at Hakahana we have just made some of the marathon descents more fun.

Well done! Seriously though, the marathon route went down all the same stuff. Even at Hakahana we have just made some of the marathon descents more fun.

Part of why I've been trying to increase my distance to marathons is because I have heard they put all the really cool technical stuff on the longest distance at xc events. The theory being that those are the riders most capable of handling that stuff. Problem is I get floppy after 40km or so such that tech stuff becomes harder than it should be. And I'm still not that keen on climbing. But I'll keep working on xc since there are some amazing looking marathon and stage races that I think I'd like to do.

My biggest fear with doing enduro with a HT is that the bike won't survive.

Well Giant say they have a lifetime warranty... We will just have to wait and see.

There is a big difference between a XC race bike and something like that. XC Race bikes are designed to be light weight. The all mountain bikes are designed to be stronger and take a lot of travel, normally more than 100mm, and when you need more that 100mm travel is when things are getting more serious.

What I am trying to say is that that hardtail was designed to do stuff like that! Most Hardtails in SA isn't designed for that kind of terrain.

Part of why I've been trying to increase my distance to marathons is because I have heard they put all the really cool technical stuff on the longest distance at xc events. The theory being that those are the riders most capable of handling that stuff. Problem is I get floppy after 40km or so such that tech stuff becomes harder than it should be. And I'm still not that keen on climbing. But I'll keep working on xc since there are some amazing looking marathon and stage races that I think I'd like to do.

Ben. You right. We have more license to include the tough stuff for marathons as it expected that riders will cope. My inspiration for building Hakahana came from the Swazi Frontier. Three days of bliss, hard riding with loads of LONG climbs!! (and as you know that means some pretty awesome downs after). I think climbing is part of it. Stage races force you to build strength and will hugely improve your stamina and ability to cope with the tougher stuff later in the marathons, and this will rub off onto your "all-terrain' ability. I still really enjoy 3 day events, as long as they're mostly single-track....

Archived