Live Tracking

Woofie

Im not sure if this has been covered recently.

A quick search didnt find anything.

What is available now that is good for doing live tracking?

I am doing the DC in 2 weeks so it would be nice for family to be able to track my progress along the way.

I have a garmin edge 800 so that doesnt have the cellphone integration of the 810.

I have a galaxy S5, So I could pair up my HR strap to the phone. Endmondo supports that.

Although HR is not really important. I just really would like distance, speed, time and location. Also really useful if I am klapped by a car somewhere on normal training so that they can at least find my last known location.

Oh, and also can we squeeze 8 hours use out of it? I can leave one of those backup battery charger things in the car for the two support stops which will give me a couple of min to charge up.

I tried endmondo the other day but all it seemed to do was simply state that I was out riding on my timeline to my friends but it didnt seem to provide anything more than that. Unless I have missed something.

What else is out there that works well and is not a battery and data sucker?

or you could just login to your gmail account at home and leave a bookmark to this link 

https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0

I was thinking about using google. But I havent used it since latitude days and then it only use to update the location every 10minutes maybe sometimes it would even stale up for hours. Is this real live data now?

$$$? As I dont have a 510 or 810?

Also because you not using the GPS on the bike how is the battery life on the phone?

Not sure what the cost is but monthly sub is available. The Garminfit app is free but the tracking is not free (unless you're using the 510 or 810)

I was thinking about using google. But I havent used it since latitude days and then it only use to update the location every 10minutes maybe sometimes it would even stale up for hours. Is this real live data now?

yes  -

0k - i dont know how often it updates but monitor it for  few days and see - for me today it shows everything I have done - driving to meetings - to the shops etc

yes  -

0k - i dont know how often it updates but monitor it for  few days and see - for me today it shows everything I have done - driving to meetings - to the shops etc

Latitude use to be able to give a alarmingly detailed report of where I have been to. Even if it only pings back every couple of minutes it can still very accurately track your position. 

It also learns your routes so it will know where you are all the time really. 

In fact if you have the Google location service enabled it does this all the time..... Just collecting all the info it can about us and how we move around...

Not sure what the cost is but monthly sub is available. The Garminfit app is free but the tracking is not free (unless you're using the 510 or 810)

Ill look into it.

I've used Endomondo for tracking before and it works perfectly, maybe just play around and try again?

I need to give it another bash.

Maybe the person tracking you has to be on a PC and not looking on the mobile app?

I need to give it another bash.

Maybe the person tracking you has to be on a PC and not looking on the mobile app?

Yes, it has to be on web interface and you have to be friends/following

Archived