The Hub 2014 Christmas Toy Cycle, Cape Hubbers

Slowbee

Hey Everyone, thanks for joining the ride. The weather could not have been better. But my kakesister, there were a lot of people on the path either running, cycling or walking. Others were surfing paddle boarding or just out and bout. Table view must be a VERY fit place. But Table view hubbers must be lazy, cause only one or two pitched up to the ride.

I'm was a bit bummed at having to leave a bit early. I'll have to say those banana milkshakes are the bomb ! Well worth the effort.

Next year we will have to put in a bit of effort to get some kiddies to come along - just for the heck of it.

Captcha, was really nice to see the Mrs on a cruiser.

Mads, please dont do to many hill intervals, you might landing up hurting some youngsters.

Was also good to meet NixM and dre.

In terms of the charity drive I am sure those gifts will have to go a long way. What really made the difference was the clear level of organisation and clear thought out plans from the folks (trustee's) of the home. Very much a worthy charity to support in the future.

Wannabe, pleasure as always.

Tubehunter, thanks for the advice on the flat bars. Tell the Mrs was also great to get her input as well!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slowbee, awesome as always and shot for doing your annual organise of this ride along with the charity meet 'n greet dude! Suggest we stick to keeping this ride closer to the city and then the number of participants should remain up as well! As you say plenty of people on bikes out that way and riding up and down the lanes, but very few of them on the hub or if they are, prepared to participate in these efforts!

(Might see you at one of the audax rides next year... :ph34r: :whistling: )

Slowbee, awesome as always and shot for doing your annual organise of this ride along with the charity meet 'n greet dude! Suggest we stick to keeping this ride closer to the city and then the number of participants should remain up as well! As you say plenty of people on bikes out that way and riding up and down the lanes, but very few of them on the hub or if they are, prepared to participate in these efforts!

(Might see you at one of the audax rides next year... :ph34r: :whistling: )

Ja, you will see me at the start, but thats it. Not going to be able to keep up with you!

Archived