Garmin 500 Virtual Partner or 510 Virtual Racer?

DoubleJ

You are actually able to upload directly from garmin connect automatically. I was using a third party site to do it.

Garmin connect now does it to strava and Training Peaks automatically.

I use a Garmin 510, linked via Bluetooth, and when I end my ride I save it, it get uploaded directly to GC, and a few minutes later the ride is on strava.

In GC, use the drop down menu at your name, select Settings.

Go to account information, and it will show who you have given permission to connect to.

Don't remember how to set up a new connection, but I think it came from Strava & TP, and then you allow in GC.

+1 same way I do it

You are actually able to upload directly from garmin connect automatically.  I was using a third party site to do it.

Garmin connect now does it to strava and Training Peaks automatically.

I use a Garmin 510, linked via Bluetooth, and when I end my ride I save it, it get uploaded directly to GC, and a few minutes later the ride is on strava.

In GC, use the drop down menu at your name, select Settings.

Go to account information, and it will show who you have given permission to connect to.

Don't remember how to set up a new connection, but I think it came from Strava & TP, and then you allow in GC.

I saw this now being hinted as the preferred option from Strava side. But does this method give you chance to do editing on your GC upload (to give it a proper name, correct type of training and add some notes about the ride/run) before it syncs? 

Anyone create a course? Looks extremely frustrating.

I'm wanting to create,some courses of some of the strava segments

I've done a road course and it was very simple. 

I can't answer about for mountain biking though. 

I saw this now being hinted as the preferred option from Strava side. But does this method give you chance to do editing on your GC upload (to give it a proper name, correct type of training and add some notes about the ride/run) before it syncs? 

No it doesn't, just edit the ride once it is uploaded to Strava.

I no longer even label my rides in GC.

Another thread hijack...Can the 500 series Garmins be used for races where you are required to navigate with GPS or do you have to look at the 800 series?

Another thread hijack...Can the 500 series Garmins be used for races where you are required to navigate with GPS or do you have to look at the 800 series?

You can load the race gpx file onto the 510. Has no maps but will give you navigation with an arrow and the trail will be displayed using "breadcrumbs" or a dotted line. Even warns you if you stray off course. I use it for first rides on a trail. Works well.

• 2 months later...

guys, I am wanting to load the 99'er route onto my Garmin 510.Is this possible?

Also can I then set it up to give me alerts when I reach certain distances? There is a distance alert on the device, but there is only one though?

Anyone have the file?

Archived