Will never be the same...

Cois

So there is nothing wrong with your bike........just maintenance issues.

Believe me, if your brother ignores maintanance too, his fancy bike will also have shifting issues.

There might be more wrong that I wish to disclose, but I am happy with what I have at the moment. It is not that expensive to run. And might upgrade the drivetrain and things on the bike.

Seems that I will be doing a fair bit of fixing on the bike this weekend. Want to clean the chain, and give the bike a fair bit of TLC, the rest will have to happen at the LBS at a later stage

If you don't like doing cable maintenance convert to SS. When I say I'm servicing my bike, I actually mean I'm cleaning and lubing my chain.

The new bikes are great, they ride beautifully and are generally all round awesome. Some time back, when riding my first MTB ever, 26" HT, my cycling partner went and bought a very expensive DS 29"er. I was green envy, but we did our usual training rides and every time I longed to own a better bike.

The first event with his new bike was Walkerville 50km, three or so years ago. I was expecting him to kill me, he was also technically better than me, but I waited for him up every single hill. On my 3hrs20min time, my computer said I was stationary for 30mins.

The moral of the story? It may look nice, but can you make it go? Just whoop his ass on the trails at every opportunity!

Whoop my brothers ass... Not going to happen, no matter what :)

Think the shifting problems been sorted. Replaced the cables. Now I just need to make a plan with my brake cable...

Archived