Trans Draak 24hr

Scotty P

Good day Hubbers,

Has anyone done the Trans Draak 24hr?

Looking at the 2015 events, and this seems like a possibility.

Wouldn't mind some insider knowledge.

Shot ek se!

• 2 weeks later...

Yup thought it would be a goodie, same guys as the Trans Baviaans. Hear this one is definitely challenging from a mate who has done both the Baviaans and Draak. The 12hr is 140km 2430m in climbing and the 24hr is 205km 3490m in climbing. what i like is that its not too far outside of Jhb, defiantly manageable.

I have done two and last year they cut it short by about 30km due to bad weather.  It was still fun but a little disappointing not to break the 200km mark. The big climb after check point 5 is nice!!! :eek:

I have done two and last year they cut it short by about 30km due to bad weather.  It was still fun but a little disappointing not to break the 200km mark. The big climb after check point 5 is nice!!! :eek:

Bad weather? Is it hot/cold etc that time of year? 

There was quite a bit of rain leading up to the race and part of the route became an issue with mud etc.  It is at the end of Feb/beginning of March so the days are nice (25) and the evening gets cooler (18).

There was quite a bit of rain leading up to the race and part of the route became an issue with mud etc.  It is at the end of Feb/beginning of March so the days are nice (25) and the evening gets cooler (18).

Thanks for the info. Seems nice for riding - if its not raining  :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Yup! My brother in law and myself! Looks like it's going to be a bit on the cooler damp side? With a lack of training for climbs ????

Well at least we know the big climb just got worse with the rain forecasted :).  As if it wasn't hard enough already. :eek:

Archived