Dog loose

Mads

Ek dink jy moet n prokereur gaan sien en laat hy dit verder vat. Die eienaar van die hond sal ook moet pa staan vir die regskostes.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With scars on both ankles from bites, I was chased down again this weekend on the route between Hekpoort and Van Galens by two dogs.  Amazing what adrenalin can do and thankfully had my support crew with me but this not much fun at all.

Heal up well mentally and physically and watch for infection... 

I'm really sorry it had to come to blood and pain; and dog bites are painful, even small ones!  Yours look eina.

As has been noted, the owner really needs a lesson, then the dogs. I hope you can use the law to teach him one.

I am surprised too that a collie and labrador would be so aggressive and my experiences, mainly on a motorbike I will admit, is to turn and chase the beasts (and I have had some really funny experiences doing this); unless they are boerboel size then you have to rely on speed.  Last time a dog caught me was in a dip; uphill both ways. But I was so cross I saw the red mist, picked up a piece of rock and charged the dog, an Alsation sort of thing. Luckily it ran, I hurled the rock, the dog squealed and the owner came to his gate with big eyes. I just buggered off.

How is the leg healing up?

Still not going to ride tomorrow? I could really do swith some company at the back of the pack.

Just been to the doctor to get a professional opinion whether or not I can ride.  According to him the wound looks fine.  Always a risk to Mtbing..... but that would have been there without the  wound.

So yes ... :D   I am there. 

Archived