Prestige Ultra

Face Plant

Hi Guys

really sorry for not responding to any posts earlier, let me try to address all the questions

1.The Prestige Ultra has always taken place at one of two venues, Vanderbijlpark or Sasolburg.we have been negotiating with two venues regarding hosting of the event, i can now confirm that the event will again be held at Abrahamsrust the same as last year.

2. the Prestige Ultra event is not sanctioned by TSA as from last year and those of you that may have been there last year will agree that the race standard was higher than ever before.

3.Garfield please PM me your details and i will follow up with Cyclelab about your entry.

4. finding the perfect date for an ultra event is always tough but we felt that the buffelspoort and Prestige are well placed as last training events for IM in April

more info about the race:

post-7854-0-41042800-1422941146_thumb.jpg

post-7854-0-99887300-1422941160_thumb.jpg

post-7854-0-20874000-1422941177_thumb.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys

really sorry for not responding to any posts earlier, let me try to address all the questions

1.The Prestige Ultra has always taken place at one of two venues, Vanderbijlpark or Sasolburg.we have been negotiating with two venues regarding hosting of the event, i can now confirm that the event will again be held at Abrahamsrust the same as last year.

2. the Prestige Ultra event is not sanctioned by TSA as from last year and those of you that may have been there last year will agree that the race standard was higher than ever before.

3.Garfield please PM me your details and i will follow up with Cyclelab about your entry.

4. finding the perfect date for an ultra event is always tough but we felt that the buffelspoort and Prestige are well placed as last training events for IM in April

more info about the race:

attachicon.gifswim.jpg

attachicon.gifcycle.jpg

attachicon.gifRun.jpg

Hi.

thanx for the info, please could you post some routes for the sprint race too...

will be first triathlon [emoji16]

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to this event again. Last year was great.

Definitely a well organised great value-for-money event.

Have done a lot of Louis events and it is always a well organized event, will keep on supporting him.   

Agreed!

Hi All

A little new to the sport. Have done some sprints and olympic distance ones. looking to do the ultra but concerned about the route profile of the cycle leg. Is there anyone who can share the route profile from last year or give guidance regarding the difficulty of the cycle leg.

Runner training for comrades who like to dabble in other sports.

Looks like the same route as last year - fast route (But I do have very bad short term memory when it comes to hills though. And I was in good shape last year.). Less than 500m climbing. Trying to find the profile from last year on garmin connect now. 

Looks like the same route as last year - fast route (But I do have very bad short term memory when it comes to hills though. And I was in good shape last year.). Less than 500m climbing. Trying to find the profile from last year on garmin connect now. 

thanks ridr. Profile would be appreciated.

Hi,

Quick question, I presume the Olympic distance is non drafting? Just want to make sure I don't take my tri bike if it is a draft legal race.

Hi Rich Stan

just to confirm for you, the Ultra is non draft and the olympic and sprint will be draft legal

cheers

PJ

Hi Rich Stan

just to confirm for you, the Ultra is non draft and the olympic and sprint will be draft legal

cheers

PJ

So then for the Olympic no Tri Bikes only Road Bike? 

Archived