Cradle during weekdays

CaptainJackZA

Good day all,

Im used to riding at the Cradle on weekends, but does anybody know how it is during weekdays in the mornings? Still relatively safe to ride the on your own? Advice would be highly appreciated!!

Stay 10km from there and have done many early morning rides there, slightly more vehicles but I would say relatively safe, never had any issues of any kind.

I ride the Kromdraai road two or three times a week. If you reach it a bit later in the morning (after 9.00), you mostly have the place to yourself. There is the odd cyclist and car, but it is a much better option than riding there over weekends. Early weekday mornings the approaches to the Cradle get a little busy. 

We ride there most Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 05:00 in Summer and 06:00 in Winter for about 2 hours and have never had a safety issue. There are a few cars going to work, but nothing hectic. Used to ride from Honeydew along Hendrik Potgeiter, but had a traffic incident on HP, so now drive to Riverstone Lodge, and ride from there.

Cradle is a great place to ride early morning and you will always have another cyclist around you.

Good day all,

Im used to riding at the Cradle on weekends, but does anybody know how it is during weekdays in the mornings? Still relatively safe to ride the on your own? Advice would be highly appreciated!!

Hi,

Are you looking for anyone to ride with in the mornings during the week?

Also ride from river stone Tuesdays and Thursday's. It's better than weekends.

What time do Riverstone open their gates? is there a fee to park there?

Archived