Two guys that helped out at tokai today.

maakaplan

Maybe each one thought you were calling the guy behind him?

Shouting 'tool' I guess that's not going to win you any popularity contests..sharp one Le turbo..u guys crack me up.

Well I am glad to see that there are actually people riding Tokai that care. But to be honest it is probably only a handful.

Yesterday eve, I was passed by loads of people. Majority greeted as I greeted, either me first or them first, but then you get alot of guys who completely ignore you as if you are not there. They just stare straight ahead of them!!! At least all the hot women greeted :thumbup: :whistling: :drool: ,  so as much as I was scoulling, I was like hmm, nice and she greeted.

Anyway I had a real nasty fall on DH#(vasbyt) at the log table. There is a hole on the table which yesterday seems to have grown in size from the day before. My front wheel ended up in it and I went OTB. Long Story SHort, the Baboon monitors were quick to my assistance, but left soon after while I was still sitting on the ground. Some dude comes past, and just flies by no ??? etc etc. SO while I am still gathering my thoughts another rider passes, and stops immediately. Comes over and checks me out asking all sorts of questions, has a look at my back and says I am ok.

So SHUKRAN NATHEER, I hope to ride into you again somtime soon.

PS, I feel like a really old man today, Body is extremely sore and bruised, that log table must be filled in

Well I am glad to see that there are actually people riding Tokai that care. But to be honest it is probably only a handful.

Yesterday eve, I was passed by loads of people. Majority greeted as I greeted, either me first or them first, but then you get alot of guys who completely ignore you as if you are not there. They just stare straight ahead of them!!! At least all the hot women greeted :thumbup: :whistling: :drool: ,  so as much as I was scoulling, I was like hmm, nice and she greeted.

Anyway I had a real nasty fall on DH#(vasbyt) at the log table. There is a hole on the table which yesterday seems to have grown in size from the day before. My front wheel ended up in it and I went OTB. Long Story SHort, the Baboon monitors were quick to my assistance, but left soon after while I was still sitting on the ground. Some dude comes past, and just flies by no ??? etc etc. SO while I am still gathering my thoughts another rider passes, and stops immediately. Comes over and checks me out asking all sorts of questions, has a look at my back and says I am ok.

So SHUKRAN NATHEER, I hope to ride into you again somtime soon.

PS, I feel like a really old man today, Body is extremely sore and bruised, that log table must be filled in

First off it can't be all bad when the women greet you, sod the men...

Sorry about the fall mate - I rode over the same place yesterday and noticed that hole is getting a bit big. I'm going up there again later, I will check with Deon first and try and fill it in.

As for people flying past, that's just really poor.

Oh and wait until you are actually old and just you see how all this lark feels then...

Sorry about the fall mate - I rode over the same place yesterday and noticed that hole is getting a bit big. I'm going up there again later, I will check with Deon first and try and fill it in.

Oh and wait until you are actually old and just you see how all this lark feels then...

No, really, it's alright thanks...

As for the gatjie - I saw it when I sailed over it. Thought - oh, that's gonna catch someone... 

I'm in for a ride tomorrow evening - around 5pm or so. Anyone who wants to come along, bring it. 

No, really, it's alright thanks...

As for the gatjie - I saw it when I sailed over it. Thought - oh, that's gonna catch someone... 

I'm in for a ride tomorrow evening - around 5pm or so. Anyone who wants to come along, bring it. 

Yeah as I was coming over and saw the hole, I visioned my wheel getting caught in it ........

At least last night it was alot more sore than what it is today.

Yeah, thats exactly what I thought about the guys, The women just inspired me though

I saw the "gatjie" yesterday afternoon and managed to get over - my first time down Vasbyt! And it was lekker!! I did not see any "joggers" though - maybe I was to early for them. Heal up and speedy recovery Eddy!

I saw the "gatjie" yesterday afternoon and managed to get over - my first time down Vasbyt! And it was lekker!! I did not see any "joggers" though - maybe I was to early for them. Heal up and speedy recovery Eddy!

'twas but a scratch!

Yeah as I was coming over and saw the hole, I visioned my wheel getting caught in it ........

At least last night it was alot more sore than what it is today.

I walked up and did a temporary fix on it, should hold until Deon does a proper job on Saturday.

Filled it with rocks and as much soil as possible so it should be okay for now, although I would say still be careful going through there.

The picture doesn't do justice to the size and depth of that thing, it was big enough to swallow a 26 inch wheel and was working it's way up towards the wagon wheels.

Before

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r251/mss-65/DSC_0191_zpspvjjnzbi.jpg

After

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r251/mss-65/DSC_0194_zpsc08wlf5j.jpg

Now that i see this... it reminded me of a race 2 years back (durbanville dash)... there was a blond who got a flatty... sooooo many guys stopped it seemed they they were falling over to stop and help her. After about 3 min the whole single track was pilled up with us wondering what happened in front...... she was about 25 years old and looked like she needed help.... :whistling:

Really chuffed to see my temporary repair has held up well so far, rode over it on Sunday and everything is fine.

Oh and big thanks to the guys that pitched for the build day on Saturday (I wasn't one of them) they did some sterling work on Mamba and My Roots.

The re-route around the tree and into the short descent on My Roots is going to be epic once it is properly bedded in.

There is a rumour that some runners pitched up to help, is that right? If so that is good progress.

Archived