GRR!! HNP track!!!!!

Jotrack

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is easy to say vote them off. Who is brave enough to have themselfs nominated and do a better job than currently happening? Far easier to crit from outside the corridors than when you in the hotseat.

was waiting for that reply........GO and Chunky, step up and canvass clubs to nominate you. i dare you.

How much will it cost to build a velodrome? Anyone ever tried finding out? I reckon if there was a velodrome in the northern suburbs, there'd be plenty more people riding track and therefore a bigger pool from which to select provincial teams and administrators. I would definitely ride track again if there was a velodrome in the northern suburbs.

It is easy to say vote them off. Who is brave enough to have themselfs nominated and do a better job than currently happening? Far easier to crit from outside the corridors than when you in the hotseat.

I would help with pleasure, but not as long as the current bunch of Retarded fools are in 'power' at HNP.

I have been around far to long to want to get involved with that lot. Sorry.

Chunkster' date=' long time no speak. No I stopped training with Grenville a long time ago. Dave Street was helping me out this year. Gren did do some good stuff with Carla, but not until tantrums where thrown on both sides. I put a lot of effort into Carla's training in the build up towards SA Champs and B Worlds last year, like motorpacing at 8 pm on a Friday night in June at HNP. Not a pleasnat experience.

Did you hear about the motorpacing accident at HNP the week of tri-nations. To cut a long story short, the training group could not wait for the motorpacing session to finish. Maybe 25 min they would have had to wait. Cut a long story short, training group poeses down. As you have said before, overseas when the elite riders rock up at the track to start motorpacing everyone gets off. Here it is the other way around. National riders must give way to fun riders. Absolute disgrace.

Looks like this is going to be my year off from track. I refuse to go and race in PE when we have the velodrome standing empty.

See you around.
[/quote']

Gary

I dont think Carla falls into the weight requirements for LPCC Ladies track team even though she is now pregnant.

Grenville and his whole bunch are Funriders, you are 100% correct. Always have been and always will be.

How much will it cost to build a velodrome? Anyone ever tried finding out? I reckon if there was a velodrome in the northern suburbs' date=' there'd be plenty more people riding track and therefore a bigger pool from which to select provincial teams and administrators. I would definitely ride track again if there was a velodrome in the northern suburbs. [/quote']

Not quite Northern Suburbs but pretty close....Potch 2 years.Wink

Another thing Greenbow and his ego tried to destroy. w**ker.
Chunky2008-03-25 09:19:38

Track cycling needs people who have passion for the sport and who have helicopter vision.

We would have 3,000 trackies if we could attract 1% of ACT entrants to participate in track. Have you seen collaboration between the current order and the ACT organisers to promote track?

People like Abdul, James, Grey Owl and Chunky can offer a lot. We should vote people like these into key positions.

All rounder2008-03-25 12:48:14

You know, its something I would love to be involved with.

I would gladly stand.

Late last year I was prepared to put on another league for CGC, tried to contact the existing commitee, but never heard anything in return. I was prepared to put my own money down in prize money, and I have someone prepared to put down money plus a vehicle for prize money. There are other interested parties out there.

I know what goes into the track, coz it was virtually run from my house in the '90's.

And Chunky & I were the founding members of Greenbows club...the club Mr Scullard promised us would promote the track. It only took a couple weeks for him to get everyone else out of power in CGC once he was elected, and just as short a period of time to go back on his word and scoop the sponsorship for himself.

These people do not deserve to be in the seats they are today.

Chunky can offer so much to the track riders. Sure there is the subject of what has happened with Chunky, but he can give so much more to the racing cyclists than we are willing to admit.

I for one know its time we started focusing on the youngsters on their way up, and not on the "never were's" that run/ride/organise now.

But I will put my money were my mouth is.

Pity Grenville does not...GreyOwl2008-03-25 14:05:34

How much will it cost to build a velodrome? Anyone ever tried finding out? I reckon if there was a velodrome in the northern suburbs' date=' there'd be plenty more people riding track and therefore a bigger pool from which to select provincial teams and administrators. I would definitely ride track again if there was a velodrome in the northern suburbs. [/quote']

Not quite Northern Suburbs but pretty close....Potch 2 years.Wink

Another thing Greenbow and his ego tried to destroy. w**ker.

I can't wait fot it! From what I hear its gonna be super!! Also heard many of the old gaurd tried to block this project. If CSA was a proper business and they had to justify their blocking actions to a proper board, they would be fired and then afterwards taken to court for damages!

To all the Gauteng cyclists wanting change at CGC the challenge is now officially open.

The next CGC AGM will be held in JAN 2009, which gives you enough time to register with a club and become an CGC member thus giving you the right to be nominted for a position of the CGC Executive and then onto the commission of choice.

I believe the remaining eight months should be adequate for you to get yourself sorted and start working on your portfolios.

Hi Sean

I did a search a while ago. There is a company that provides turnkey sporting facility solutions. You specify the size of the track and how much seating you want, if it is to be a multi-disciplinary facility, such as indoor athlectics, gumnastics, volleyball, cycling. They have standard designs. You supply the land and they build. If memory serves it is about 5 million Euro for a small be decent facility that can be used for a variety of indoor sports. If CSA, athletics South Africa, the gymnastic association and volleyball association pooled their resources, I would be suprised if they could not raise the money to build such a facility.

Anyone know how the process works to get a person elected onto the CSA Comittee at the upcomiung congress. I am talking track commissioner here, no not me.

Anyone know how the process works to get a person elected onto the CSA Comittee at the upcomiung congress. I am talking track commissioner here, no not me.

they must be nominated by a province.

Send motivational letter to provincial body from the club requesting the person be nominated for specific position at congress, remember the person must be a member of the nominating province.

Definitely sounds like organisation and respect of people is just not there.

...and people wonder why some of us with potential won't even bother riding track!!

Too much politics over too little space!!

South Africa will never get it right if they don't sort it out from the top down.

Sad but true!!!