GRR!! HNP track!!!!!

Jotrack

Meer bek as binnegoed. Jammer julle kritseer net, ek hoor die mense wat die baan run - sny gras , verf , maak julle k%k toilette skoon en dies meer. Wie van julle sal dit tog doen.  

Ek ry nie meer baie baan nie weens werksomstandighede maar sal enige tyd by HNP ry. En wat fietsry aan betref, het ek baie sa titels en dis danksy my harde oefen.

En dit sonder enige bymiddels!!!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send motivational letter to provincial body from the club requesting the person be nominated for specific position at congress' date=' remember the person must be a member of the nominating province.[/quote']

No Chance...

That has been tried before. How can you get nominated if the old guard refuses to change.

I think there are a few people who could do a much better job if given the opportunity. I for one would love to help but I cannot stomach even 5 minutes at the track with the current gang.

I am sure that myself and GO could do a much better.

I'm keen, as I have said all along...

I think the riders would be very fortunate to benefit from Chunky. His is the experience that the riders all need, he's raced the best in the track cycling world, to lose him is a tragedy.

Chunky can offer so much to the track riders. Sure there is the subject of what has happened with Chunky' date=' but he can give so much more to the racing cyclists than we are willing to admit.[/quote']

Isn't this always the irony of these things.  The guys who have the most to contribute, and have the balls to come out and say it like it is, are villified. 

Look at what happened with Riis.  He comes out and tells the world what is happening, and he get's crucified.  So, cycling loses someone that can really help because he knows how things work, and every other guy who thought about doing the same thing very quickly changed his mind - driving everything back underground.

I don't for one minute say what Chunky did was right, but I'm sure he knows a helluva lot more about what is really going on than the people that are currently entrusted to stop it!

It may sound corny, but what Chunky has "FORGOTTEN", these other guys are yet to learn about the track...

He would be such a valuble asset to the countries track cycling squads...

Me on the other hand, I'm really good at pumping wheels!!!

Hi Gary

Abdul here . I have been nominated fro track commissioner . I hope to be in contact with you guys in JHB if I do get the position . I will be in JHB with my team from 3 to 10 April . We stay at the palace (now taj mahal) at Daves Streets place . Why dont you ocme for coffee and a chat

Hi Simon

Abdul here . Would you like to meet when I am up in JHB from 3 to 13 April . I stay at Dave Streets place when I am there . PM me your cell number then I can contact you . Hopefully I will get the position of track commissioner and we can then attend to these problems

Hubbers,

I know the KZN results should be on the web site.  www.cyclingkzn.co.za

The one rider to watch is young Bernard, his time for the sprint in windy conditions was 11.1 at U16 not too shabby !!!

Talking about new wooden tracks.  I was involved with the SA champs in Durban in 2006.  Since then members from the city council have been to check out wooden tracks. They like the idea of the track in Sydney.  i recently spoke to the person involved and he said that its still on the cards for KZN, not too sure when.Gary, if there is any info you could help us with or if you dont mind I could put the guy onto you for more info !! They are serious about a A grade indoor wooden track !!

Thanks

11.1 Under 16? Damn thats fast, even for a senior! Good luck to him. And lets hope KZN can get an indoor wooden track...

GO and Chunky if you are not with clubs currently I suggest you register with one and get affiliated to CGC, I will do your nominations through my club and drive the process at the next AGM to ensure you representation at CGC level as I believe in total fairness and creating opportunities where required.

TO Bernhardine I suggest you make sure you have all the facts in place when making statements as above, yes they do all the mentioned items nobody disagrees BUT at whose expense?????

Is it not strange that cyclists need permission from a local club to use a facility meant for the greater communities of the area of juristriction. Look at the run around a member had last year trying to get permission to use HNP to stage a track event.

Mallo, your right. I tried to put on an event...could not even get a reply to my emails, or phone calls.

Nice...

Hi Gary

Abdul here . I have been nominated fro track commissioner . I hope to be in contact with you guys in JHB if I do get the position . I will be in JHB with my team from 3 to 10 April . We stay at the palace (now taj mahal) at Daves Streets place . Why dont you ocme for coffee and a chat

Will do Abdul. I know where Dave's place is. there area couple of us up here who would like to organiose a winter series, and we could do with your help if you are national Track Comm. Let me know when yu want to meet.

Cheers

gary

Hubbers' date='

They like the idea of the track in Sydney.  i recently spoke to the person involved and he said that its still on the cards for KZN, not too sure when.Gary, if there is any info you could help us with or if you dont mind I could put the guy onto you for more info !! They are serious about a A grade indoor wooden track !!

Thanks

[/quote']

Hey big mama

This is the website containing the details of the turnkey velodromes. Makes interesting reading even if you are not keen on track. How cool would a facility like this be? Stuff dreams are made of.

Chunky can offer so much to the track riders. Sure there is the subject of what has happened with Chunky' date=' but he can give so much more to the racing cyclists than we are willing to admit.[/quote']

I don't for one minute say what Chunky did was right, but I'm sure he knows a helluva lot more about what is really going on than the people that are currently entrusted to stop it!
Precisely ....... He did what he did and now its time to move on!! Gibbs admitted to throwing matches,  which to me is far more disgraceful, and yet he is still allowed to grace the oval!!

Give the man a break!!!