GRR!! HNP track!!!!!

Jotrack

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to apologise for anything I said that may have been offensive to anyone, regarding this topic, as i said in my last post I don't want to slate anyone, but things do need a change.

Why are you apologising Jotrack? They will slate you the first chance they get...

They are on their way out, dont worry.

Chunky can offer so much to the track riders. Sure there is the subject of what has happened with Chunky' date=' but he can give so much more to the racing cyclists than we are willing to admit.[/quote']

I don't for one minute say what Chunky did was right, but I'm sure he knows a helluva lot more about what is really going on than the people that are currently entrusted to stop it!
Precisely ....... He did what he did and now its time to move on!! Gibbs admitted to throwing matches,  which to me is far more disgraceful, and yet he is still allowed to grace the oval!!

Give the man a break!!!
It's one thing giving someone a break when they have accepted that what they did was wrong - morally and legally and then to follow that up with a stance which reflects that. Unfortunately I have never seen a single posting from Chunky that would lead me to believe that any of this is the case. It's another thing giving someone a break who steadfastly appears to support illegal drug abuse.

And I am not getting into the wider doping debate - it's all been said.

The unfortunate thing with sites and forums is that we do not get a chance to see the individuals as they really are.

Windbreaker, I hear your point. But I assure you this...you will have a hard time finding a more honest and open person than Chunky. Period.

The wider doping picture aside, Chunky knows the real bottom line in cycling. Racing.

When the chips are down, Chunky will get the job done because he is able to understand the racing, the tactics and how to bring about the winning moves. Its in his blood. (non EPO related joke!! Sorry Chunks!!)

If you have ever met Chunky, you will know that he is not a 'pusher' or a drug dealer. He is a cyclist, and he says it like it is.

His VAST racing knowledge is what is needed. He has so much to give, and to be honest, he would have to be incredibly stupid to accept a post within SA Track and then proceed to advocate the use of drugs given his past. And believe me, Chunky is many things, but stupid (even slightly doff) is not one of them!

The saddest thing is that we judge people without knowing them. And I have yet to meet anyone that does not get on with Chunky...

I can't judge on anything other than I have seen aired in public and what Chunky himself has said and posted here and on other cycling forums. I am not judging the person, I am judging what he apparently represents.

And he really may be a nice guy so I'd just like to see him state that he does not (no longer??) advocate the use of illegal ped's. Until he does that it would not be right to have him in any influential position within any sport.

In that case, there are a lot of guys that should be replaced within cyclings infrastructure.

Its not only Coaches/advisors and managers that have a big say regarding a riders choice of wether to use or not. Most of the time, riders are influenced by fellow riders. And we let them back into the bunch.

Chunky has done his time, and had the balls to admit to it all. Not many others can claim that.

In that case' date=' there are a lot of guys that should be replaced within cyclings infrastructure. [/quote'] if it is the case that they advocate peds then that sounds about right. But there is a world of difference between "facilitating" (don't you just love that word) in any form and simply expressing an opinion.

You know, I think the 'line' has become so blurry between the 2! (facilitating & opinion)

I am a health care professional, and I get lots of enquiries about PED's. Now, I advise against it everytime, but there are those who you just know are going to do it regardless of what you say. So, advice as to what to avoid can quickly be construed as facilitation.

My position is to always observe what is in the best interests of my patient. And if asked an opinion, I have to give them my unbiased professional opinion.

Is that facilitating? Or Expressing an opinion?

Ok Winbreaker...just for you......

If I could do it over, sure I would do things completely different but unfortunately what I did I cannot change now.

I'll say it again, I have NEVER sold any drugs to anyone. All I did was let them know how to use it firstly safley and secondly effectively. Some will say that is wrong but I can assure you the people I dealt with were going to use the stuff regardless of wether or not I was going to help them.

I shoot straight from the hip. I am not ashamed of what I did, and I never hid away from any of the repercussions.

What would you have done in this situation.......... The CSA and Drug free sport offer to clear the slate if I give them info one one rider in perticular. Now, If I wanted to I could give you a list 5 pages long of South African Athletes alone that have been 'advised'. I can also give you the data from their blood tests and hormone tests that would prove without a shadow of doubt what they were doing. Some of these are serious high profile athletes, world champoionship and Olympic medal winners across numerous sports. Would you have given the names and walked away scot free or, would you have taken the brandt on your own.

If I had opened my mouth, there would be no South African team in the tour. No Professional cycling teams in South Africa. No Absa Sponsorship for athletics and Swimming.

What you saw on Carte Blanche was the tip of the ice berg. Perhaps ask Nocsa or CSA about the doping that they funded and that they condoned. Perhaps put some pressure on them to talk and see what crawls out of the woodwork.

I say it again, you cannot perform at that level without drugs. Take that any which way you like. I have been there and I hhave seen and experienced it.

When the athletes involved are done and dusted in their respective sports I will talk, then we will see just who was the one at fault.

Difficult decision... - I would not know doping if I see it and certainly did not compete at any level competitively but:<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I would like to see people in positions of power that are willing to take the difficult decisions and fight doping ? publicly if it had to be.

To sit with evidence but don?t use it?? What will you do if you had to make the same decision while you are in a position of power? Also hide the documents and protect a rider that you are responsible for?

Ps ? I?m not a Carte Blance fan?