Spruit okes (Delta tree line)

Pieter1

Guys, love the idea BUT there is so much water coming down there in the rain that until it has somewhere else to go, I can't see the trail standing up to it! Not quite sure where it even comes from but there is a massive amount going down that side of Delta and even Bantam Drive. Don't have a solution but would hate to see all the good work and effort goes to waste in one heavy rainfall.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, love the idea BUT there is so much water coming down there in the rain that until it has somewhere else to go, I can't see the trail standing up to it! Not quite sure where it even comes from but there is a massive amount going down that side of Delta and even Bantam Drive. Don't have a solution but would hate to see all the good work and effort goes to waste in one heavy rainfall.

That is what is busting my btains... I was thinking of making speedbumps to slow ot and mabey divert it a bit?

That is what is busting my btains... I was thinking of making speedbumps to slow ot and mabey divert it a bit?

Bit like trying to stop the tide coming in! I have seen it in flood and from the fence to the tree line disappears under about a foot of water! Need Parks to get that water into the storm drain in Bantam.

Bit like trying to stop the tide coming in! I have seen it in flood and from the fence to the tree line disappears under about a foot of water! Need Parks to get that water into the storm drain in Bantam.

Yea, mabey we can dig that channel open.

It's been ages since I rode the tree line, but if memory serves, there's a little spruitjie near the gate at the top of the tree line(it has a small bridge over it). I would think half the drainage issue would be coming from when that overflows. Maybe build a bank to direct run-off into the road before the first berm.

I would see if you could take that trench at the top all the way to the road to get the water out of the park. Alternatively you could dig a trench for the water to follow down next to the tree line and the trail just goes over/through it.

I would see if you could take that trench at the top all the way to the road to get the water out of the park. Alternatively you could dig a trench for the water to follow down next to the tree line and the trail just goes over/through it.

That's what I reckon. That small channel that we go over up near the gate close to the school field sometimes overflows so that the water rushes down in a wide river. You can see this by the 5m wide sections of flattened grass straight down through the singletrack. What we need is a secondary trench to catch and redirect this overflow. Dig a trench and Build up above the outside of the long right hander - the one which becomes a deep rut first in summer.

That's what I reckon. That small channel that we go over up near the gate close to the school field sometimes overflows so that the water rushes down in a wide river. You can see this by the 5m wide sections of flattened grass straight down through the singletrack. What we need is a secondary trench to catch and redirect this overflow. Dig a trench and Build up above the outside of the long right hander - the one which becomes a deep rut first in summer.

That sounds like a good idea.

So progress is moving along slowly but surely. I was wondering if anyone has a contact for those big blue water drums? I need water to shape and copact the berms and what not.

Hey guys/girsl. I need help on the tree line. If you can bring a shovel, wheelbarrow and a lekker attitude please be at the top pedestrian gate at about 7.

Guest notmyname

Hey guys/girsl. I need help on the tree line. If you can bring a shovel, wheelbarrow and a lekker attitude please be at the top pedestrian gate at about 7.

This morning? I got flippin work :(

Guest notmyname

How did your build go bud? I had birthday commitments.

How did your build go bud? I had birthday commitments.

I had 5 guys show up and we got quite a bit done. Peach has some rad ideas and it won't take to much time as all of the soil has been put in place, it just needs shapeing. I am un/fortunately fishing on the South coast for the next 9 days but can help again after that.

Archived