Spruit okes (Delta tree line)

Pieter1

I need some help/advice. I want to fix that whole tree line in Delta. Every year the rain buggers it up. How can I build it or what can I do to stop the erosion? Thanks!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gap jumps. Gap jumps all the way down!

Hahahahaha! Should have said I need the 29er and Stavasholes advice...

Chat to Farmer Glen from Sani2c - they put some chemical on the soil to stabilize it better - theyre was a facebook post about it the other day - let me look and edit this when I find it.

On the San2c FB page - Jan 14 2015

Have you ever thought about what it takes to prepare the paths that drive our passion for mountain biking?

For the Nedbank sani2c, about 200 litres of glyphosate will do smile emoticon Thanks to Farmer's Agri Care for making sani2c's smooth single track possible!

Glyphosate is a herbicide with very wide agricultural uses but may not be as kind to environment or humans as initially supposed.

Liberal use of glyphosate near the spruit might cause a few eyebrow flutters :nuke:

Glyphosate is a herbicide with very wide agricultural uses but may not be as kind to environment or humans as initially supposed.

Liberal use of glyphosate near the spruit might cause a few eyebrow flutters :nuke:

with some of the stuff that oozes out onto the spurt spruit from time to time, this stuff may actually disinfect it?

[edit: autospell called it for what it is!]

Hahahahaha! Should have said I need the 29er and Stavasholes advice...

It's been ages since I rode the tree line, but if memory serves, there's a little spruitjie near the gate at the top of the tree line(it has a small bridge over it). I would think half the drainage issue would be coming from when that overflows. Maybe build a bank to direct run-off into the road before the first berm.

Generally just try and think where the water will go, become like water my friend. 

It's been ages since I rode the tree line, but if memory serves, there's a little spruitjie near the gate at the top of the tree line(it has a small bridge over it). I would think half the drainage issue would be coming from when that overflows. Maybe build a bank to direct run-off into the road before the first berm.

Generally just try and think where the water will go, become like water my friend.

Become the stream...

OK - I don't know if herbiside will help.... but if someone wants  a roller to use for compacting the trails, I will donate one - should be just about the right size for the stravaholes to drag up the hill as part of their training....

Haha Pieter. I only saw this now after chatting to you this morning. Great minds :lol: We will do something...

I think we need to redesign the whole line. It was orginally build for trail runners ( or "joggers" if you are from CT), and the radiuses of most of those corners are way to big. This makes it quite awkward to ride fast. You have to pedal too often in that line to make it fun. Given the gradient it should be a pump line.

I think we need to get the Spruit fairy involved and design a "Bundaburg like" line...Berms, jumps and more jumps.

Planning for water drainage would also be cool : humps before and after the berms.

And finally: We'll probably have to import soil with a higher clay content. If anybody are building at present and would like to donate some.... :thumbup:

I'll be there to help if you are putting a crew together.

Archived