Spruit okes (Delta tree line)

Pieter1

Hi. Yea. Thats the guys from park run and thanks to them they are putting more down by the tree line. We are going to have more sand than what we know what to do with.

That's great news...

Please could the guys doing the work remove the large rocks, bricks etc before finishing the job?

if someone on an MTB hits an unexpected brick at speed coming down there, it's going to HURT / INJURE.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great news...

Please could the guys doing the work remove the large rocks, bricks etc before finishing the job?

if someone on an MTB hits an unexpected brick at speed coming down there, it's going to HURT / INJURE.

Yea no problem.

Teusdays and Thursdays I'll have my crew on the line. Just need some ideas on what to do otherwise I'll just rebuild what was there before the rains?

Can we add some speed to this line? The corners were fairly awkward the first time around. Maybe get the guys from Trailhead involved in the planning. Or anybody who knows something about flow.

We need tighter bermed corners that we can pump. At the moment you have to pedal the corners...not cool. Bumps at the entry and exit (of the corners) is essential, otherwise we'll have to rebuild this line again next year.

Thanks again to everybody for doing this!

Hi. Yea. Thats the guys from park run and thanks to them they are putting more down by the tree line. We are going to have more sand than what we know what to do with.

We can build a river / stream gap at the top. ( Between the switchback and the tree line.) :)

Yea I was thinking of building bumps to try and divert the water. Sure thing! Sean helped last time we built it, will get him involved again.

We can build a river / stream gap at the top. ( Between the switchback and the tree line.) :)

There was/is a little on there already-alongside the pallet bridge but a bigger one would rock!

There was/is a little on there already-alongside the pallet bridge but a bigger one would rock!

Yea last time we had to little sand to do it properly. Ps does anyone have a contact for the juma guys?

Just a little request please. If you are going to fix it, please widen the bridge 2/3 way down. Riding down there and saw a relatively new mtb'er slip off the side as 3 slats just became to narrow for her. Also maybe have up upward bridge and downward. Would help if walkers etc are close you can just detour and avoid some conflict? I know there is another bridge on the winding section, however on the straight downhill people come onto that one small bridge at pace and thats where all the problems start.

Just a little request please. If you are going to fix it, please widen the bridge 2/3 way down. Riding down there and saw a relatively new mtb'er slip off the side as 3 slats just became to narrow for her. Also maybe have up upward bridge and downward. Would help if walkers etc are close you can just detour and avoid some conflict? I know there is another bridge on the winding section, however on the straight downhill people come onto that one small bridge at pace and thats where all the problems start.

That brige is already sorted. :)

That was the guys from park run, I'll pass on the thanks. Suppose we should start being nicer to mountain joggers now...

That was the guys from park run, I'll pass on the thanks. Suppose we should start being nicer to mountain joggers now...

I have NO ISSUE with the mtn yoggers in Delta or along the Spruit - in the EARLY mornings the yoggers and dog walkers are very friendly.

Archived