New road bike advice

Americo

Hi Guys

I'm pretty new on the forum and cycling in general. I bought recently a Scott speedster 20 and done so far 1000 km with it,seeing that I love cycling and soon it's going to by my birthday I been thinking to get a new bike,a better and more professional one.Bianchi is on my top list as it's been my dream since when I was little. My budget is R50k can you suggest me a good one and where I could get it in a Cape Town? Is it worth to get it here or should I just wait to go back to Italy and get it there?

Can't comment on Italian prices, but if you compare our SA prices to other European countries and consider our exchange rate, we are often cheaper here.

Then again Bianchi carries a massive premium in SA, so you might get it cheaper there.

Best would be to find an online shop in Italy and compare to our prices. You will find the recomended Bianchi prices here.

www.jjcycling.co.za

Love my Bianchi. Should be plural, I have two

You will get a fine bike for that price.

We all have different ideas but I would put most of the money into frame and group set. You can always get better wheels or saddle later.

So guys what would you suggest?id like a fast bike :)

The bike will only be as fast as the engine (you!)... Bianchi is a very pretty bike(s); also have a look at the Cervelo range.

and for that money you will get something very nice...

The bike will only be as fast as the engine (you!)... Bianchi is a very pretty bike(s); also have a look at the Cervelo range.

and for that money you will get something very nice...

I'm sure of that :)

I do like Cervelo but Bianchi is on my top list. Are the Bianchi overpriced compared to the other brands?

For your budget, you looking at a very decent bike.

Look at Colnago too (keeping it Italian).

They are also fast. :)

Hi Guys 

So after some research seems like I'm going to get :

• Body : Bianchi Infinito CV
  • Groupset Athena 11 speed
  • Wheels Campagnolo Scirocco 35
  • Vredestein FRECCIA FOLD UP tyres
  • Vredestein tubes
  • ITM Millennium Alu-Tech handlebar and stem or ITMTriangoAlu/Carbon handlebar and stem
  • Seat post Seat post ITM ALU-TECH alu 31,6mm
  • SADDLE BIANCHI TEC CRMO PROCAX
  • Cork Tape black (or any other colour) 

Asked to have the Victoria Rubino tyres 

Price 56.500 a bit more then what I wanted to spend but still okay. Should I consider better wheels?any suggestions?

Archived