Wilgeheuwel - Nearby trails

MunG

Heya Guys !

I have recently started MTB, and loving it !

I do have a few things i would appreciate some advice on.

I would to know if there are any trails \ parks in the nearby area I could use ?

I am close to clear-water mall.

Is any of the Botanical gardens around here open for cyclists ?

and Kloofendal ?

I know about Avianto, and Hero Adventure park, but something close by for rides in the week, building some

endurance and fitness + fun.

Thanks in Advance :D

I'm close by and to be honest I don't venture too far away from the roads on my MTB during the week. The Veld's make me nervous around here. I do have an awesome Wednesday though, ride from home to Nick Diedricks Highschool in Krugersdorp (25km) and then do the Moonlight Night Race (22km). My wife fetches me from the school at 19h30. Used to ride Kloofendal a lot, not sure if it's still open. I think it is.

Heya Guys !

I have recently started MTB, and loving it !

I do have a few things i would appreciate some advice on.

I would to know if there are any trails \ parks in the nearby area I could use ?

I am close to clear-water mall.

Is any of the Botanical gardens around here open for cyclists ?

and Kloofendal ?

I know about Avianto, and Hero Adventure park, but something close by for rides in the week, building some

endurance and fitness + fun.

Thanks in Advance :D

Welcome:)

There's tons of trails in the area, I wouldn't suggest riding them alone though. I ride from Eagle Canyon most week days around 5 (around 25km) and the weekends I do longer rides.

You're more than welcome to join me on some rides.

My number is 0835897971

I'm close by and to be honest I don't venture too far away from the roads on my MTB during the week. The Veld's make me nervous around here. I do have an awesome Wednesday though, ride from home to Nick Diedricks Highschool in Krugersdorp (25km) and then do the Moonlight Night Race (22km). My wife fetches me from the school at 19h30. Used to ride Kloofendal a lot, not sure if it's still open. I think it is.

What time does the Moonlight race start?

A guy in my street mentioned it to me a while ago and I've been thinking about it. I'd ride from home in Weltevreden though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys !

Thanks for the Replies.

I went out searching a bit, Locally there are some places that looks pretty good around here.

There is a nice route from where I am via HP all the way to Aviante And Hero Adventure Park.

Dunno if i will make it, I am not that fit yet.

Kloofendal is still accessible, although not on the Trails, there are people walking \ Hiking there.

Still a nice place though. And no Dogs allowed ( Dont have to dodge mine fields )

The other Botanical Gardens don't allow Cycling though.

This weekend coming ill try getting from where I am ( Sovereign Str, Via HP to muldersdrift (R47) and take the Gravel road )

I know it could be dangerous though, but I will have friends as backup in cars.

:angry:

• 2 weeks later...

MunG - I'll show you around Hero sometime if you want. Requires a bit of fitness though (or you can just do it slowly). :-)

If you find someone to ride with you, there is some cool track from that koppie behind pic n pay along the river 2 river crossings and comes out by the bmx track at the back of honeydew. But I wouldn't do it alone

• 1 year later...

hey guys,

i'll be moving to wilgeheuwel in a couple months time.

any schweet rides still taking place in the mornings on weekedays? once im there any hubbers willing to show me around the trails and roads i should steer clear of?

ill be riding both road and MTB, propably MTB more often, but dont mind riding either.

lookin forward to it, see you guys seen!

hey guys,

i'll be moving to wilgeheuwel in a couple months time.

any schweet rides still taking place in the mornings on weekedays? once im there any hubbers willing to show me around the trails and roads i should steer clear of?

ill be riding both road and MTB, propably MTB more often, but dont mind riding either.

lookin forward to it, see you guys seen!

Drop me a PM when you get here and we can make a plan

Archived