KZN Enduro #2 - St Ives

JPD

Then again, I am not trying to get more runs in so I can try win... I am trying to get more runs in because I just want to ride my bike down a hill as much as I possibly can  :clap:

Agreed - BUT - remember that within any race, guys and girls race one another even if they are not going to get a podium. So if you are shuttling you are marginalizing those guys in your playing field. 

I am all for shuttling when I am out playing, as I agree the climbs do detract from the fun stuff. But when you are shuttling trails specific for an event that is coming up in a week or 2's time, that becomes a grey area. 

Thats why we are not releasing full trails - so you can go and "RIDE" all the trails and try and figure stuff out - but you actually dont know where the trail will go on the day.

Listen to Graves response in his interview on Vital today about just that when it comes to the EWS.

As he says - he doesnt care about seeing the trails before official practice as he knows he will get DSQed if hes caught ... he leaves that up to the French ... hahaha

http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/THE-JARED-GRAVES-INTERVIEW,8652/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I've just been informed that St. Ives will be closed this weekend, unfortunately-no practice for anyone.

Just to let everyone know. St Ives is OPEN this weekend. I'm not sure where you got this information but it is incorrect.

Just to let everyone know. St Ives is OPEN this weekend. I'm not sure where you got this information but it is incorrect.

Sorry, that was a dumb joke. 

Ok so what time we riding on Sunday chaps? Im going up solo but would rather ride with some guys! I have to go at like 6am as Im going to Durbs at 11:30am.....................gotta keep the lady happy too :whistling:

PS

Dave Drummond will be putting some work into trails on Saturday if anybody feels like burning some energy into the handle of a spade / rake.

I am secretly hoping he isnt a slavedriver and lets us play abit too.

Will be riding Sunday too though.....

also want to get a few runs of the dh track in....seeing as i have ridden my dh bike once.... :mellow:

Ok so what time we riding on Sunday chaps? Im going up solo but would rather ride with some guys! I have to go at like 6am as Im going to Durbs at 11:30am.....................gotta keep the lady happy too :whistling:

Also keen to go up early on Sunday!

PS

Dave Drummond will be putting some work into trails on Saturday if anybody feels like burning some energy into the handle of a spade / rake.

I am secretly hoping he isnt a slavedriver and lets us play abit too.

Will be riding Sunday too though.....

also want to get a few runs of the dh track in....seeing as i have ridden my dh bike once.... :mellow:

Any help with the final prep of the trails would be most welcome. Don't stress, I'll let you stop for a lunch break, unlike Nigel.

Ever if you just come dig for half an hour, it will make a difference, then you can go play.

I'll be there on Saturday from about 8h30.

Any help with the final prep of the trails would be most welcome. Don't stress, I'll let you stop for a lunch break, unlike Nigel.

Ever if you just come dig for half an hour, it will make a difference, then you can go play.

I'll be there on Saturday from about 8h30.

hoping to get there 09 ish Dave

To all riders

Please find attached the mailshot for this round of the KZNMTB series

Please read it so that i dont have anyone asking me questions on the day that I have covered here.

Thanks

Nige

REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR NUMBER BOARDS YOU GOT AT THE FIRST ROUND AS NEW ONES ARE R50 EACH!!!!

KZN MTB St Ives Mailshot.pdf

To all riders

Please find attached the mailshot for this round of the KZNMTB series

Please read it so that i dont have anyone asking me questions on the day that I have covered here.

Thanks

Nige

REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR NUMBER BOARDS YOU GOT AT THE FIRST ROUND AS NEW ONES ARE R50 EACH!!!!

Can we use our Roag boards?

No Marius.

You get issued a KZNMTB board at registration. If you havent raced yet, then you get one at Registration. Your number is linked to your name. So if you forget your board at home from the last race you need to buy a new one. 

Cant wait - looks like a rad course with some tech and some high speed! I'll be there on Friday morning to have a practice (have to split my time between this and looking at wedding venues LOL)

Cant wait - looks like a rad course with some tech and some high speed! I'll be there on Friday morning to have a practice (have to split my time between this and looking at wedding venues LOL)

ppppppfffffffft wedding venues......

ST IVES ftw....enduro and wedding all in one.... put your foot down man.lmfao

No Marius.

You get issued a KZNMTB board at registration. If you havent raced yet, then you get one at Registration. Your number is linked to your name. So if you forget your board at home from the last race you need to buy a new one.

Cool thanks Nigel,I missed Karkloof,do we need to pay for the board then?

Some tech, some high speed, some high speed tech.... :whistling:

Cool thanks Nigel,I missed Karkloof,do we need to pay for the board then?

Not as far as I understand ...  if you havent raced yet then i doubt you would have to pay. So just say you didnt race at Karkloof when you get to registration.

Archived