Really?

GVA is surprise maybe it's the doping defence he has to mount. Wonder who sky willthrow in instead of PK.

So keen for this race, it's quickly become one of the best and easily on par with alot of the cobbled classics.

Also this year they are running the first ladies version as well. I'm tipping Lizzie A for the win.

I was sent the notice from the road.cc fantasy league (all 3 were in my team, so had to make a last minute transfer).

But today I've been trawling the web and don't see any reference to GVA pulling out. Not even on the BMC team site. Maybe road.cc got it wrong. If so, that will piss me off.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching the race via live internet streaming here (just remember to be careful to click on the little 'x' to close the irritating pop up adverts).

My boy Arredondo is in the 4-man break. Go boytjie  :clap:

Jeez, those guys really hammer those road bikes at some serious speed on the dirt roads. 

Things are breaking up on the dirt sectors. 3 in the front (Sagan, Valverde, Stybar) with another chasing group of 10 - 12 riders about 25 seconds behind. 

Things are breaking up on the dirt sectors. 3 in the front (Sagan, Valverde, Stybar) with another chasing group of 10 - 12 riders about 25 seconds behind. 

What a trio

Simon Gerrans climbed off his bike with more than 50km still to race.

It's hot in the kitchen

Yeah, Gerro fresh from his, guess what, MTB crash injury

Some other big names (Cancellara, Sep Vanmarcke, etc) have come up to the leading trio. So now there are 9 in the front.

Then a chase group about a minute back with maybe 20 riders, including GVA and Nibali.

28km to go and the leading 9 have a gap of 50 sec on the chasers.

The podium will come from these guys.

Cancellara

Valverde

Sagan

Stybar

Vanmarcke

Van Avermaet

I thought GVA was in the chase group, my mistake He's here, floating happily on a cloud of ozone....

Orica-GreenEdge hammering on the front to bridge the gap. They're bringing it back, but I don't think fast enough. Trying to set something up for Adam Yates on that last climb in the town?

OGE doing some really good work bringing the 9 riders back. Less than 40 seconds gap now.

Archived