• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did Quickstep mess that up. . They gonna go to bed without supper for that.

No recovery shake after that indeed

They got a shock when Stannard attacked I reckon.

How do you lose that with 3 guys out of 4! 

Lefevere isn't going to be amused about that. Can't wait for some quotes from him about how what panned out. 

Reminds me when Gilbert the Great out lasted the Schleckies at LBL a few seasons ago.

Beautiful racing!

What a mess up by Quickstep.

For me, the strongest rider in the race was Sep Vanmarcke. Poor guy - 2 punctures in the race with the second one coming at absolutely the wrong moment, just as the final selection was being made. Had to ride through the whole main bunch for a second time, then almost singlehandedly nearly back to the front. 

He's been around for a few years now (winner of 2012 Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, 2nd Paris Roubaix 2013, a number of other top 5's in other classics) that we forget the lad is just 26 years old.

He looks in great shape and he rides with a lot of mongrel; I think this is going to be a big season for him.

He looks in great shape and he rides with a lot of mongrel; I think this is going to be a big season for him.

That's what you need a bucket of. Vanmarcke was so unlucky, he was looking super strong throughout. He will pick up a big one this year for sure.

My 3yr old daughter was screaming for him to win but then switched to Stannard in the last 5kms. She should pick my fantasy team! 

Did you see GVA seems to have got himself in hot water about the Ozone treatment. With reports in the rags claiming ozone doping. 

Did you see GVA seems to have got himself in hot water about the Ozone treatment. With reports in the rags claiming ozone doping. 

I heard he's being pinned (excuse the pun) for taking injections, which is in breach of the new "no needle" policy the UCI has just instituted. Must have been ozone he's been injecting.

Isn't that what Alessandro Ballan got banned for?

If true, he's in big trouble.

“I don’t race to be the best man in the race, I always aim to win. The team kept me out of the wind all day, but after my punctures I knew it was going to be very difficult. I fought until the very end for my teammates and the fans along the side of the road, but unfortunately, it was not enough.

"Ahead of the Taaienberg I was exactly where I wanted to be, but with a few hundred meters to go to the foot, I flatted. Maarten Wynants gave me his wheel and told me I still had a chance. Thanks to an adrenaline boost I was able to return to the front.

“I knew at that point that I had to make it a hard race, for tactical reasons. Unfortunately I punctured again and Etixx-QuickStep and Stannard benefited from this. We were one man short in the chase, otherwise we could have bridged to the leaders.”

Sep Vanmarcke

“It was very frustrating that Sep was struck by bad luck during crucial moments. Sep fought back and let the race explode after his first puncture, but a new one prevented him from getting in the break. He fought like a lion, but unfortunately it was not in the cards for us today.”

Nico Verhoeven, DS for LottoNL-Jumbo

I have a lot of respect for the young lad after watching him today. I've become a fan.

MTN-Qhubeka also had bad luck.

Jay Thompson went down hard at around 60km to go. EBH was looking strong on the front, but punctured as the main moves were started by Etixx-Quickstep. Tyler Farrar and Theo Bos were also in the main select group, but both also punctured.

Tomorrow is another day...

"This last 5km's shall forever be known as going "full tactical retard"..."

Post made from another forum

MTN-Qhubeka also had bad luck.

Jay Thompson went down hard at around 60km to go. EBH was looking strong on the front, but punctured as the main moves were started by Etixx-Quickstep. Tyler Farrar and Theo Bos were also in the main select group, but both also punctured.

Tomorrow is another day...

Tomorrow is KBK! 

Back to the final phases of today, what was Stijn Vandenbergh doing chasing down / bridging to Terpstra when he went? That was the moment that I suddenly thought 'Stannard can take this'. 

Also GVA should have been working alot more with SVM as well, he was towed far too much and only seemed to put in when Sep was flagging and it was too late. Not great tactics if you actually want to catch the group and go for the win.

Good to see MTN animating the race, lets hope they get better luck tomorrow.

For 'dale:

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server600/eh2v2/products/895/images/2536/fullretard_atacs__23753.1406163762.500.750.jpg?c=2

The boyf says its rigged and that not even JZ can mess up that badly. (well he used the F word but I dont want to get in trouble with the nerd hub moderators who are PG 16)

Archived