in the excitement of Omloop and the start of the season I totally forgot about Kuurne Brussels Kuurne on Sunday. Looks like it could be wet. 

197kms

2014: Boonan

2013: Cancelled because of snow

2012: Cav'

2011: Chris Sutton

2010: Bobby Traksel

Startlist is here  Cycling Weekly Preview here

All the main people in action, Etixx are lining up with Tommy B, Cav' and the A Team. Twiggy and sky have a strong team, Kristoff is there, Gilbert and GVA for BMC and MTN are looking to more SA riders and lead by Farrar and Ciolek. 

http://www.cyclingfans.net/2015/images/2015_kuurne_brussels_kuurne_poster_affiche1.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and I'd deffo drink these while watching the race! 

http://www.kwaremontbier.be/img/beerglass.png

in the excitement of Omloop and the start of the season I totally forgot about Kuurne Brussels Kuurne on Sunday. Looks like it could be wet. 

197kms

2014: Boonan

2013: Cancelled because of snow

2012: Cav'

2011: Chris Sutton

2010: Bobby Traksel

Startlist is here  Cycling Weekly Preview here

All the main people in action, Etixx are lining up with Tommy B, Cav' and the A Team. Twiggy and sky have a strong team, Kristoff is there, Gilbert and GVA for BMC and MTN are looking to more SA riders and lead by Farrar and Ciolek. 

http://www.cyclingfans.net/2015/images/2015_kuurne_brussels_kuurne_poster_affiche1.jpg

Great pic of 'The Man with the Hammer' :)

Both races are live on Supersport this weekend  :clap:  :clap: .

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad:

15:05 - 18:00    SLSA

Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne:

15:55 - 18:00    SS6

(Someone please tell me what channel is SLSA?)

Nice Kuurne Summary (via Cycling news):

"The winner of Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne gets a stuffed donkey, but it's not a personal insult against the kind of rider who wins this race. The denizens of this West Flanders town have some sort of history with the animal, and it resulted in a grotesque donkey-head trophy that has been, thankfully, replaced with a plushie in recent years. Tom Boonen (Omega Pharma-Quickstep) has won the race three times, and last year he triumphed in a small group sprint, despite being outnumbered by the Belkin riders. He topped Moreno Hofland and Sep Vanmarcke in the dash to the line. The early season semi-classic was cancelled due to snow in 2013, and although the parcours is less lumpy than the Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, bad weather, wind and distance makes it more than just a sprinter's race. The most extreme edition of the race happened in 2010, when high winds from a winter storm named Xynthia tore the peloton to shreds and only 26 riders finished the race. Winner Bobbie Traksel (Vacansoleil) credited his victory to a few kilos of weight leftover from the winter."

and the infamous donkey... why it is known as the donkey race of course! 

http://41.media.tumblr.com/cf5a8d134e25899c385872b4166f1184/tumblr_n24s65Xsx01qzxpybo1_500.jpg

Does any one know if there is an online tipping comp (on the hub or elsewhere) for the spring classics? 

Does any one know if there is an online tipping comp (on the hub or elsewhere) for the spring classics? 

Road.cc has a bunch of Fantasy Leagues coming up.

And one of them is a Spring Classics League, starting with the Omloop and ending with LBL on 26 April (13 races in total).

Damn, not much time to get signed up before the start.

Who's keen to join the Spring Classics League??

Road.cc has a bunch of Fantasy Leagues coming up.

And one of them is a Spring Classics League, starting with the Omloop and ending with LBL on 26 April (13 races in total).

Damn, not much time to get signed up before the start.

Who's keen to join the Spring Classics League??

IGNORE.

Just tried to sign up. The entry criteria requires an administrator to verify your credentials (takes a couple of days) and looks like you have to pay a fee.

IGNORE.

Just tried to sign up. The entry criteria requires an administrator to verify your credentials (takes a couple of days) and looks like you have to pay a fee.

Just signed up and created a Hub league in the spring classics. The league number is 75770, My team is Fast Eddies Chop Shop. 

It takes about 20 mins to get your activation email. Join the Spring Classics, join the Hub league and then pick your team for the first race. 

No coin needed. 

Just signed up and created a Hub league in the spring classics. The league number is 75770, My team is Fast Eddies Chop Shop. 

It takes about 20 mins to get your activation email. Join the Spring Classics, join the Hub league and then pick your team for the first race. 

No coin needed. 

OK will try again then

Archived