New Road Bike advice

Jay_B

Cant seem to edit my previous thread on the Trek Madone so have to start a new thread...

Looking to upgrade to a new road bike, I would like to buy new as I have feel its better to have the security of a warranty when things go wrong. I looked at the Madone 4.3 but after some research decided its not the frame I want.

I have also looked at the new 2015 Scott CR1 20 and really like the look of the bike but cant find any reviews on the bike, maybe still too new? I would like to get some opinions on this bike from anyone who has one or has ridden one? I have read a lot of mixed stories on Scott bikes in general.

The other option I have seen which stretches my budget a bit is the Eddy Merckx EMX-1, really awesome looking frame and big plus is the life time warranty on the frame.

Look forward to replies and suggestions.

I saw your thread on the Madone... Have u considered the new Trek Emonda? The s5 or S6 should be around that price range. I ordered the SL6 from 818 Cycles on the Hub, and getting a decent deal on what I think is a fantastic mid level bike. The SL range is a bit more expensive, hence my suggestion for the S range.

I should get my bike later this week and will share my thoughts on it over the weekend if u like.

Normally scott foil 40 price was R20k.. Im not sure now

Yup it is/was, but cant find one in the shops anywhere I've been

I saw your thread on the Madone... Have u considered the new Trek Emonda? The s5 or S6 should be around that price range. I ordered the SL6 from 818 Cycles on the Hub, and getting a decent deal on what I think is a fantastic mid level bike. The SL range is a bit more expensive, hence my suggestion for the S range.

I should get my bike later this week and will share my thoughts on it over the weekend if u like.

Thanks have contacted them, will see what they come back with

Picked up my new 2015 Scott CR1 from Tony Impey this afternoon.

Really awesome bike, cant wait to get out on the road.

Popped my racing wheels on to make sure the 25c's would fit... tight fit but no problems

post-13500-0-77898300-1424290669_thumb.jpg

post-13500-0-81281400-1424290798_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Reading my first post on this thread about wanting to buy new to have the warranty safety came to bear fruit sooner rather than later...

Was struggling to get the rear wheel to align properly in the rear stays, was always pulling over to one side and rubbing on the chainstay when riding, took it back to Tony Impey and they found that there was few extra layers of carbon in the one drop out causing the wheel to sit scew...

Was contacted directly by Scott SA and popped in there one afternoon for them to take photos and send to Europe... few weeks later and I have a new frame straight out of the factory in Switzerland.

Only downside is they only keep the CR1 10 for warranty replacement and im not at all keen on the colour but im still impressed with the service from both Scott and Tony Impey.

Will post a picture soon with the array of different colour schemes going on now with the bike

Archived