[Event] Gansbaai - Funky Fynbos Festival - By MHR ROCKETS

funkyfynbosfestival

Jy gaan!

11225209_960902967310998_499027403253144

The new section - starts smooth, then rocky then smooth again, some surprises to keep you on your toes, a little rock here, a tight switchback there.....

Corrie, wanneer gaan jy weer da ry?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a Gansbaai race in 2012. It was such a jol! I can't wait to tackle the magnificent trails of the Overberg again.

Note that Rikus Le Grange Personal and Mobile bicycle technician will be involved with this years Funky Fynbos MTB event offering technical support and accessories stand!Contact him on FB or call him on 0715115902 for more info.

Just a note re the new section. The single track at the top after the tower is the same - When you get to the road drop into it as before, but after the first left turn lookout for the short piece of link single track. It will be well signposted Alwyn style, but some people don't look!! If you miss it you will be lost.

This joins a bumpy road and when it smoothens hold on to your horses as you need to feed into the next single track. As you go over the rise you will be slowed down by a couple of tight turns. Soon after that there is a tight (as in tight) switchback, a small jump and then a fast bit. Again hold on to your horses here, the drop into the road can catch you.

After that a little climb and then you have a long downhill - and it can be super fast. Nice and flowy if you read the corners right (the view is awesome - but don't get too carried away :-).

Enjoy

thanks again for having me at this awesome event! we will definitely be there next year! Please view and like the Rikus le Grange personal and mobile bicycle technician page for more info and specials!

Archived