So you are looking for a Crank Power meter?

Guest Smimby

Quark no longer makes power meters for 2x10....

I am interesting in getting one from a buddy, and wanted to get the manuals etc online so naturally I looked at the Quark site and noticed no 2x10

So I asked the question on there "support" webform, which by the way does not cater for you unless you have a serial number to fill in? Huh I don't have a serial number yet.....

SO I made something up, and got a response....

"we only make a xx1 for MTB"

Surely there are still plenty out there who require 2x10

I also would have thought so. You can still buy "race spec" bikes with 2x10. What do they make for road bikes? Would you be able to use a road bike crank with smaller blades? or is the pcd different?

I also would have thought so. You can still buy "race spec" bikes with 2x10. What do they make for road bikes? Would you be able to use a road bike crank with smaller blades? or is the pcd different?

They only make a compact BCD for road bikes, so nothing in the 104/64 or even 120/80 bcd range....surely they are cutting of their noses

They only make a compact BCD for road bikes, so nothing in the 104/64 or even 120/80 bcd range....surely they are cutting of their noses

:huh: Ja doesn't make sense. And STAGES? I know they make DURA-ACE and ULTEGRA but not sure what else.

:huh: Ja doesn't make sense. And STAGES? I know they make DURA-ACE and ULTEGRA but not sure what else.

Stages covers the MTB scene, but if you have a BB30 carbon crank, you need to get a whole setup from them

Stages covers the MTB scene, but if you have a BB30 carbon crank, you need to get a whole setup from them

You could of course run alloy 1 side and carbon the other.... Bogus can paint them to match...

You could of course run alloy 1 side and carbon the other.... Bogus can paint them to match...

Unfortunately not, as you can only fit stages to the Sram cranks where the LEFT arm has the bolt, and most of the carbon cranks I have seen and the two I own the left has the 30mm axial attached to it and the right side with the chain rings bolt onto that .....so stages done work there

:-(

OR buy a PowerTap...same weight gain in many cases, and on the road it is actually between 130-160 grams lighter than a quark, depending on crank model...

Before I get flamed about race and training wheels, why do you need two sets of wheels? Race as you train and it has been proven that if you race on a "lighter" bike then your body actually goes easier cuz it doesn't have to push the same weight.

Unfortunately not, as you can only fit stages to the Sram cranks where the LEFT arm has the bolt, and most of the carbon cranks I have seen and the two I own the left has the 30mm axial attached to it and the right side with the chain rings bolt onto that .....so stages done work there

:-(

Interesting - never seen that on a crank, but then I don't know that many cranks up close and personal - all mine have the axel attatched to the right side, or both sides come off (older models)

Which cranks do you have?

Interesting - never seen that on a crank, but then I don't know that many cranks up close and personal - all mine have the axel attatched to the right side, or both sides come off (older models)

Which cranks do you have?

I have xx bb30 and

s2200

Like this. I got these pics if the net

post-29158-0-48627800-1425032307_thumb.jpg

post-29158-0-29294600-1425032316_thumb.jpg