Darkhorsewheels reviews?

Americo

Hello Everyone 

I recently bought a new road bike with Campagnolo Zonda wheels and was thinking to buy a new pair of wheels more aero. My first choice would be the Campagnolo Bora Ultra but the yard way to expensive here in Cape Town. I noticed that a lot of cyclist in cape town use the Dark Horse Wheels,also a friend of mine has it on his tt bike and he suggested them. Does any of you know more about these wheels?I noticed that the brand is local but can't really find reviews about them.

Thanks a lot 

Rim & hub quality aside, one thing I always check is what spokes they use i.e. how good are they, and are they readily available standard parts for maintenance down the road.

DH are built with Sapim CX Ray bladed spokes - which IMO is about the best you can get.

Note - I don't have DH wheels myself yet, but they are on the shortlist for when I'm next buying. I use CX Rays on my current wheels, and even though I bought spares I've yet to break one of the originals.

Rim & hub quality aside, one thing I always check is what spokes they use i.e. how good are they, and are they readily available standard parts for maintenance down the road.

DH are built with Sapim CX Ray bladed spokes - which IMO is about the best you can get.

Note - I don't have DH wheels myself yet, but they are on the shortlist for when I'm next buying. I use CX Rays on my current wheels, and even though I bought spares I've yet to break one of the originals.

Thanks for your reply. Are the Rim & Hub good quality as well?

Thanks for your reply. Are the Rim & Hub good quality as well?

Afraid I can't speak from experience of those. Have a few club mates who ride them and have been very happy so far

I have a pair of 38mm clinchers on my bike for about 3 years. Have not had any problems with it. Replaced the bearings once and nothing else. Use it throughout winter also.

No problems with spares. Changed hub from campy to sram and everything was readily available.

Tony is great with service.

I have a pair of 38mm clinchers on my bike for about 3 years. Have not had any problems with it. Replaced the bearings once and nothing else. Use it throughout winter also.

No problems with spares. Changed hub from campy to sram and everything was readily available.

Tony is great with service.

Good to hear - been considering 38s or 50s. Possibly both even!

Bought the 50 mm clinchers last year. Only used for racing. Solid wheels and had zero issues. Not the lightest - so rather opt for the 38 mm ones

Was thinking to get 50 mm on the back and 38 mm in front,would that work? I'm not very experienced and with the and wind in Cape Town I'm afraid to get a bigger rim,or 50-50 would be just fine?

Archived