Tri Bike shopping

Dean Lance Tyler

Guys so here are the 3 options I need to decide between:

- 2015 Giant Trinity Ultegra

- 2014 Cervelo P2 Ultegra

- 2013 Trek Speed Concept 7.5 Ultegra

Any advice?

I vote Cervelo....why...cos I love my Cervelo road bike ...no other reason.... :clap:

you may find that all 3 are built in the same factory ...maybe the 2015 is the better option all things being equal...but Cervelo's just exude class....money cant buy class ,except in this case....it can :thumbup:

I had a Trinity once upon a time, and I bought it because of the review it got in the UK.  Was a great bike. Gets my vote.

Ya good reviews on the P2 about it being upgradable.

Most of the reviews on the trek, say it is very fast but difficult to work on mechanically.

And hardly anything on the new trinity (probably being of being 2015) but the frame hasn't gone through much of an upgrade since 2013. I however am leading towards the trinity at the moment hey

Are any of those Ultegra's 11 speed? Being able to run a wider range cassette will make a difference on EL and PE's courses.

You need to do some research on the frame geometry relative to your size. Go to Slowtwitch and spend some serious time understanding how it affects your bike fit for your body.

Also: What cockpit comes with each bike? Profile Design T2 is often the standard. Round bars are not very aero. 

Edited by davem