PMB MTB Festival Enduro Race (03 April 2015)

David D

Agreed, it was great!

Personally I'd prefer less pedally stages and possibly have more stages (but shorter) with additional liason stages but I know the logistics of setting up additional stages. The event was awesome and hopefully the trails we used will see some more wheels in future  :thumbup:

Thanks to all involved in the admin behind these races!

On to GIBA in 2 weeks!!!!  :devil:

Nooooo... the pedally helped me  :devil:  :thumbup:  :clap: hehehe... But ja more stages would be rad but logistically it would be a nightmare but then increase the event fees! That top section, i would pay to ride any time!

I have a friend that is keen to get some exposure for his company and is prepared to spend some money on the sport (Not millions but something) He has just got an Enduro bike so i think I will have him ready for GIBA  :clap:

Will be in touch with the powers at be...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aaaaaaaaaarggghhhhhh

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO FUNCTION "NORMALLY" AFTER THAT WKD OF RIDING......

everything seems so mundane and meh....

what a frikking amazeballs wkd.....

the enduro was yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaah..... the pedal sections were sheer gutwrenching torture..... but not even that could detract from how much fun the stages were..... not even burping my tyre off on run 1 spoilt my day...... cannot wait to ride those trails again..... yoh cacades has some unknown hidden gems lurking..... looooove it

dh was the most intense fun i have had on a bike. I cannot explain the range of emotion i go through at the top of the hill waiting for the 5...4...3...2...1

its insane.... i flipping loooooove it....  my stupid brain has been on replay all bloody day..... playing the highlights of my wkd over and over......

man alive RIDING MOUNTAIN BIKES FRIKKING ROCKS!!!!!!!

cannot understand why every mtber in the country wasnt there...... it was that good

the ever changing track was a flipping rush as well.... sloppy and slidy one minute......tacky and hauling ass the next..... Cascades at it wildest....

for those of you that got cascades tattoos and worse....heal up well brethren!!

massive thanks to everybody for everything that went into an amazing wkd......

please sir...

please may i have some more sir.

Only bleak about the lesser spotted "PHOTOGRAPHERS"................................. Some rad places for amazing pictures............. #justsaying

I have a friend that is keen to get some exposure for his company and is prepared to spend some money on the sport (Not millions but something) He has just got an Enduro bike so i think I will have him ready for GIBA  :clap:

Will be in touch with the powers at be...

Well he can get in touch with me and we can chat at Giba. He must come and ride, see the vibe etc and then we can take it from there! I can introduce him to our other sponsors too ... So we can def make a plan for a sponsorship for 2016

Oh and FYI - to run an event like that - is HELL expensive ...

Shuttles alone for the day are 10k!

Timing is at least that again!

Then track prep was 15k ...

Prize money (ok that was exorbatent but still) 

Then medical and marshals

SO to run something like that you are in for between 50 to 100k

So unless we get a sponsor willing to dish our half a bar for a series I think we will have to make do with what we have so far ... hahaha

You can find all the results for the weekend on the gret-time website:

http://great-time.co.za/Home/

It was a really great event. Thanks to all of those who came and supported. Those who stayed at home, missed out.

Dave - Any idea why I didn't get timed on stage 3 ? . completed the run and the lady even took my timer off the fork when finished  .  number 45

Archived