Old deore xt shifter broke off

Gitfo

Hi guys check the photo the right side shifter display thingy broke off... how i do not know. As you can see from the left side i think its 2010 or 2012 deore xt shifters. I might be wrong, but where can i find a replacement part for that or must i rather look at buying a new shifter.

post-61644-0-98033000-1426939547_thumb.jpg

As far as I can see from the pic this type of shifter has a removeable indicator. You will be able to simply screw it back. If you look at the left hand shifter the small screw is what holds it in place, this most probably came loose causing the right hand one to fall off.

Do you still have the indicator?

Nope a borrowed out bike is an unhappy bike. No indicator came bake with the bike. Is there somewhere llike a bike parts place where one can check for spares?

The shifter will still work fine without the indicator so you can put tape over the hole to keep the dust out and ride it without any problems. Alternatively there is a cover in the left hand shifter that is designed to cover the hole, you need to take the indicator off as it is hidden inside the indicator.

It should not be difficult to find replacements though as a lot of people take these off anyway, maybe look at your LBS or put an add in the classifieds. If you do not get sorted let me know, I am sure I have a pair somewhere, just need to look through the boxes of spares to find them.

THank you i will put on the cover as you sugjested. I was mostly concerned with the opening so that will allready put my mind at rest. These days in PTA the rain is coming down hard and id rather not let the mud and rain get in there.

THank you i will put on the cover as you sugjested. I was mostly concerned with the opening so that will allready put my mind at rest. These days in PTA the rain is coming down hard and id rather not let the mud and rain get in there.

Agreed, those indicators are mostly useless anyway, once you know how the bike works, you will not miss them at all.

Archived