Superfly chain problem

Sepia

I am riding a Trek Superfly and have a large amount of chain slap and dropped chains on virtually every ride.  The chain throws the master link at times.  I have played around with different chain lengths but this does not help apart from keeping the chain on the bike. Very irritating indeed and prefer to ride my Trance 26 because of this. 

Could anybody help me with any advise on this problem (Google tells me it is common with the Superfly?) and will a RD with a clutch help?

I am running SLX 9 speed RD and XT duals upfront and see no need to change?

Thanks

Edited by Sepia

I would suggest a clutch, I run a 1x10 set up with clutch on my shaper fly and never had a dropped chain.

You sure you don't have a 10 speed chain?

Nope. Def a 9 speed.  Tried Shimano and Sram and the same thing happens with either of them.  Strange?

I would suggest a clutch, I run a 1x10 set up with clutch on my shaper fly and never had a dropped chain.

Thanks Nick

Which one and is there a 9 speed one?

Sram x9 10spd, don't know if u get a 9 spd though. Also check if there is a 3-5 mm spacer on the drive side of your crank

Sram x9 10spd, don't know if u get a 9 spd though. Also check if there is a 3-5 mm spacer on the drive side of your crank

Yip, there is.