Future of DH in SA

ThePilot

This month there were a few articles published on TheHub regarding the World Cup and National Age Group series in BMX racing. Not a single comment was dropped on any of these features. What does that say about the average hubbers interest in BMX racing?

or by extension the average south african cycling enthusiast?

But the events were held. Sponsors were acquired. Riders raced. Supporters showed up. Photos were taken and articles were written and published.

Competitive events for sports which have minimal public interest thrives on the intense passion of the few who actually love the sport. 

I too had no idea what BMX racing was all about until i watched the world's I think, on Red Bull TV. Now I'll watch it on purpose whenever I can. 

Good on the Hub for promoting all facets of the sport. - To be a complete cyclist we should all have some BMX, dirt jump, xc and dh skills. Busy looking for a DJ or BMX bike to use at Nixon's academy...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived