KZN cyclist injured in apparent hit-and-run

Tumbleweed

A 45-year-old man sustained moderate injuries this morning after he was hit by a light motor vehicle at the Shepstone and Berkshire Road intersection in New Germany, KwaZulu Natal.

ER24 paramedics arrived on scene and found the patient lying on the side of the road with his bicycle lying a few metres away.

On assessment, paramedics found that the patient has sustained moderate injuries to his face and neck.

Paramedics treated and immobilised the patient before he was transported to RK Khan Hospital for further treatment.

The driver of the light motor vehicle was not found on scene.

Local authorities were on scene to investigate further.

Not too far from me. The roads are so dangerous at the moment because of all the road works. People somehow forget how to drive when the roads are a mess!

Be careful out there guys and gals, it's a madhouse!

Hope you feel better soon Mr. "Unkown"

Training or commuter?

I would say commuter. Anybody that is riding through Pinetown on a weekday is definitely not doing it for fun or exercise.

Truth be told, I stopped riding around Pinetown and the highway area in general shortly after Burry died. Not worth the risk TBH. Sold the road bike and bought beer.

If it's not before sunrise you nuts to ride that road

You taking a chance riding that road on a bicycle full stop.... Almost got taken out along that road with a 1000lumen light at 5am....

the wheel will turn...these guys that speed away not just break the law but you can be left for dead without medical assistance. How can any human being not consider this risk. If this cyclist was badly injured and left for dead then the driver becomes a murderer. What has our world come to? We have it here as well - the chances of a car stopping is minimal, ride with a friend/s people for your own safety and a chance to record number plates.

Archived