Hip Doctor

I know Dr Marcell Straub (The best joint guy in my opinion). Had both hips replaced by him (2008 & 2009) and now riding my road and MTB bikes and have no problems at all. He is in Feary Glen in Pretoria east. I know it is not the westrand but worth your time and money spend. No regrets.

Thanks optics. Once my medical aid is sorted I'll go to him. Have some severe nerve pain in my hip and leg after a fall

Other option (Did my wife's hip last year, was very impressed with him and I know he has a good reputation in the sports industry too) is Dr. Cakic, based in Life Fourways.

Other option (Did my wife's hip last year, was very impressed with him and I know he has a good reputation in the sports industry too) is Dr. Cakic, based in Life Fourways.

I had my hip arthroscopy done by Dr. Cakic. There are no words to explain how good he is! It took him 2 minutes to detect on my MRI that I had cracked my labrum after the previous 2 doctors said that there was nothing wrong.

He is a great because he is very sports orientated. The rehabilitation after my operation was also world class as he works closely with very experienced physios.

Would highly recommend him as a first option.

Just do a web search for the South African Hip Arthroscopy Society. Any of the surgeons who are members should do the trick.

(Obviously do not just do arthroscopic work)

Thanks Guys. Will have a look soon and hopefully get my hip sorted.

Archived