Nutrition guidelines

Hi Guys

Found this on High 5's website regarding how you should "correctly" use their products.

http://highfive.co.uk/high5-faster-and-further/mtb-nutrition-guides/cross-country-2-to-5-hour-event

Wanted to hear from the more experienced riders if this is a good way to supplement before and during an event, or if this is just a marketing thing?

Have been riding for a while but I am very inexperienced regarding supplementation, especially before and during races and feel that I am lacking in this regard.

Will try this out on a long training ride and see how I react to it.

Any feedback?

My opinion:

Your hydration starts a few days before race. For me cramming in lots of fluids pre race just makes me uncomfortable

Most important pre race meal is dinner night before. Lots of carbs and low on protein and fat. Early dinner cause you want it through digestive system before race. I like a potato and sweet potato mash combo. With this I have some lean chicken and some peas perhaps

Breakfast 2 to 3hrs prior to race. Just a regular serving oats with cinnamon and honey and I like to add a dash of coconut oil. 1hr prior to race I have my favorite energy bar. 5min before start I have a gel.

During 3hr race I would have a bottle energy drink, 1 bottle water and a gel more or less every 45min

This works for me