Nissan Trailseeker #2 lionman

corriekuilder

I had a good race on Saturday, did a 1:49 for the half which is a PB.  

I thought the course was a little boring though, more single track would have been good.

I suppose if I want more to my race I should grow a pair and enter the marathon next year  :)

See you at the next one!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for me it was a good race. Did the 40k and managed to conquer all the hills non-stop! Also, it was my best time and average speed for the trailseeker series to date.

But i will be honest, it was a bit boring and not nearly enough single track. But still an awesome event!

I guess the SOS app didn't help at all since there was almost zero signal there the whole race. So I am glad I didn't bail!

Anyways... See you all at the next one!!!

Did the 40km and enjoyed it. If I were to tackle the 70km at the next event - how much tougher is it. I did the 40 in 1:50 and felt ok afterward - have never really gone beyond 45km

Did the 40km and enjoyed it. If I were to tackle the 70km at the next event - how much tougher is it. I did the 40 in 1:50 and felt ok afterward - have never really gone beyond 45km

The marathon was tough (just under 1000m climbing vs the 350m of the half marathon). You need to do a few 60km plus ride before you try and tackle the marathon. My suggestion is firstly riding some flatter/ quicker 70km race and then trying the 70km marathon. The distance and time takes a bit getting use to!

The marathon was tough (just under 1000m climbing vs the 350m of the half marathon). You need to do a few 60km plus ride before you try and tackle the marathon. My suggestion is firstly riding some flatter/ quicker 70km race and then trying the 70km marathon. The distance and time takes a bit getting use to!

Yes but the next Trailseeker is in Pretoria and it's a fast and flat one. I think he should be able to complete the marathon easily. 

Yip Curro is a good call for your first 70......please do not make Hakahana your 1st Marathon.....1200m + climbing  :wacko:

Great, thanks for the feedback. Any idea on Curro climbing - the profile looks like it will be around 400m if it is the same as last year (with only one long big climb.) I will definately try get in a few 50 & 60km training rides to aclimitise the butt and legs. (But mostly only get time for spinning.)

That climb on the Curro race isn't hard. I did it last year as my second marathon and managed to do it in 3:11. You will make it. 

I am going to enter it, I think. How hard can it be. :thumbup:

That's the spirit!

I measured 570m of climbing but it's really not such hard climbing.

I think riding at an hard pace in the single track to not hold the other riders back or to keep up with the faster riders is harder than the climbs themselves.

https://www.strava.com/activities/57635270 

I am going to enter it, I think. How hard can it be. :thumbup:

I am also planning on the doing my first 70km at Curro.   :)  Have been doing the 40km Trailseeker races the last year, and have heard from a few people that this is definitely a good 70km to try first - flat and fast

Awesome news. So there will be two Virgin 70 km riders at least. 500m of climbing is doable. Will see you there Frost.....I will be the other nervous guy wanting to pee every 5 seconds before the start

Awesome news. So there will be two Virgin 70 km riders at least. 500m of climbing is doable. Will see you there Frost.....I will be the other nervous guy wanting to pee every 5 seconds before the start

Seriously don't understand this big fuss. I have been doing plenty of 70's and 40's. You can do ANY of the 70's in the Nissan series. If you are fit enough to ride below 2 hours for the Lionman 40, 70 is nothing if you just pace yourself. 

Seriously don't understand this big fuss. I have been doing plenty of 70's and 40's. You can do ANY of the 70's in the Nissan series. If you are fit enough to ride below 2 hours for the Lionman 40, 70 is nothing if you just pace yourself.

Depends on skill I would say, for hakahana, for the rest I agree, it might just not be that enjoyable.

Archived