Bike choices

Dalton LB

Hi all I need help don't know what to get? Fuji, Ktm, Titan, Merida...... Have a budget of R16000 for new bike any suggestions?

Hi Dalton, welcome to The Hub

1. Mountain or road (I assume mountain?)

2. What type of riding do you want to do? Mostly dirt roads or rougher stuff? Racing? Events?

3. What riding experience do you have?

4. How old are you, how fit & healthy?

5. Do you have someone knowledgeable to check out 2nd hand bikes for you?

Mountain biking I'm a intremideat cyclist and I do usually cross country and I'm 14 years old And sorry for the title autocorrect got confused

I would go for a hardtail bike.

26er or 650B

The lighter the better (under 12,5kg if at all possible)

SLX or Deore mix components at least

Online:

Check Chris Willemse (Momsen AL655 and Momsen AL329 both in budget)

Check Dial'D Bikes (Various new old stock 26er Commencals at bargains)

Not sure about where to shop in your neighbourhood though

Giant and Silverback often have some of the best value for money bikes on the market. All the well known brands build solid hardtails.

I'm looking at a fuji Tahoe 1.3D and I had a Titan trail 650B I want to try a 29er but tell me what u think of the Fuji

there is a Momsen Al529 in classifieds for 11k buy it and spend R5000 on upgrades. you won't regret it!

Hi Dalton,

I agree with DJR regarding the components and specs. I'd go look at the following sites:

www.dialdbikes.co.za - For new slightly older model bikes

www.thehubsa.co.za - For great deals on second hand bikes

Going second hand you will be able to get better components for your money but  new you will at least get a warranty and bike setup at most shops.

At the moment I've seen that Momsen, Trek, Giant and Merida have an awesome range of bikes (I stand to be corrected). I've also heard that Fuji have returned to the market with MTB bikes and they have a few good offerings. Their road bikes are quality so I can imagine the MTB side of the business is well run.

Archived