Which 29er dual suspension???

johnathanreed

I vote Giant as well. A friend of mine did the Epic this year on that same bike.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why no feedback on the Sprada 1? I have the 2014 model and absolutely love it. Probably the best spec'd as well...

Frame geometry very similar to the gaint and comes with the EX wheelset and SID fork.

okay, if they're riding the same frame day in day out on the training regimen required to place top 20 in the epic, then no wonder the frames are showing signs of abuse. That's what a normal rider would put out in more than 10 years. ANY frame would have problems given that level of use. 

Not a Giant Anthem mate. The Alu ones are really tough

Not a Giant Anthem mate. The Alu ones are really tough

Tell that to the 2011-2013 brigade, who went through frames all over the place at the seat tube / top tube junction. Yes, it was fixed, but the carbon ones didn't have that problem.

Point is that your little quip about carbon only lasting 3 years is a bit of a throw-away statement, and highly anecdotal. AKA - bupkiss. 

Thank you to all for your feed back and opinions.  With the help of your opinion and youtube reviews it was an obvious choice!  A new Giant Anthem :)  Once again, Thanks!

Tell that to the 2011-2013 brigade, who went through frames all over the place at the seat tube / top tube junction. Yes, it was fixed, but the carbon ones didn't have that problem.

Point is that your little quip about carbon only lasting 3 years is a bit of a throw-away statement, and highly anecdotal. AKA - bupkiss. 

Not highly anecdotal, based on a set of at least 15 mtb and road cyclists who ride properly and often - at least 3-4 times per week. Not folks who take out their bike once every two weeks for lovely morning ride of 30km.

But aside from my opinion, this is the opinion of many of the bike shops in the Cape Town area. I have recently been looking at a carbon Spec, Cannondale or Scott. When pushed hard on the point, most retailers said "well, now days you can only really expect 3-4 years, but the main thing is that you will have replacement warrantee if you are the first owner".

If you get this bike you will never ever be disappointed .

It just eats anything you steer it at., and the kilometers disappear so fast, if you look down for a min you are 10 km further , 

My vote Giant Anthem ... 

post-42072-0-94685000-1436689008_thumb.jpg

All depends on your riding style, I am fortunate to have a 2014 Scott Spark 920 and 2014 Giant Anthem X Adv, to me it feels like two different bikes, the Giant is a very stable bike but almost feel boring, you have to push it hard for it to come into its own, be warned you will go over the handle bars when pushing hard, its a Anthem thing, almost like becoming part of a club. The Scott is definitely faster for me on the fast flowing single tracks, but the Giant is better at climbing when it comes to very loose rocky sections. The Scott has a longer top tube so check your setup, first thing I had to do on Giant was change the stem to negative and had to drop the handlebars quite a bit. The Giant comes out with raisers and the Scott with Strait bars, If you are looking for a really comfortable ride, the Giant is your bike, the Scott is a fun bike, it feels like you can just turn the nose in anywhere, on Stava I haven't been able to beat my Scott times on Switchbacks with the Giant, but on other segments my Giant times are much better. My honest opinion: I love both bikes, check the price vs weight and spec and try and ride them all a couple of times in the field where you will be riding 90% of your time, there is a bike for everyone, its not a question of which bike is better, you need to find the bike better for you, it might differ from the one that's better for me

Thank you to all for your feed back and opinions.  With the help of your opinion and youtube reviews it was an obvious choice!  A new Giant Anthem :)  Once again, Thanks!

so let me know so we can take those Giants out for proper riding :) perfect bike for the TB you are training for :) 

Archived