RockShox announce new Yari and Lyrik forks + Pike & BoXXer updates

News bot

120mm 650B Yari, with its 35mm chassis, is an interesting thing. 

Would be keen to strap that to one of the new breed shorter travel hecklers.

So basically, Lyrik is now a heavier, bigger, stiffer Pike and the Yari is a budget alternative to the Pike without having to go for the skinnier Revelation?

I reckon once XT 11 speed comes out and you have the Yari you can do a nice R40k build of a Pascoe which will still hold its own with the current top spec XX1 Pike builds.  What's not to like?!

So basically, Lyrik is now a heavier, bigger, stiffer Pike and the Yari is a budget alternative to the Pike without having to go for the skinnier Revelation?

I reckon once XT 11 speed comes out and you have the Yari you can do a nice R40k build of a Pascoe which will still hold its own with the current top spec XX1 Pike builds.  What's not to like?!

except that the Revelation has the Charger damper vs the motion control of the Yari. 

I like it though. 

except that the Revelation has the Charger damper vs the motion control of the Yari. 

I like it though. 

Revelation is not charger. Motion control afaik.

Revelation has remarkable torsional rigidity for a '32 chassis. For lightweight riders. In my experience. 

Yari opens up a compelling enduro fork option at an affordable price point as Nico said, but perhaps its most remarkable application could be as a HT or SS trail fork at shorter travel specifications: considering those '35 stanchions. Yari could become the option if you like mowing through rock gardens or really have the talent - and/or mass - to seriously load the front through faster stuff. 

120mm 650B Yari, with its 35mm chassis, is an interesting thing. 

I think everything is getting fatter and stiffer not just the gravity stuff. Its not just a requirement in uber long forks anymore because they take bigger hits. Stiffness is something that every rider can benefit from.

Having said that I think they offer the wide range of travel in the yari because, well.. they can. The older stuff like revelation and sektor were longer travel forks with the same noodly pipes as the shorter reba's and stuff. Totem and domains was where the beef was at because well yea they were longer so they needed it.

At least that's how it was.

Its just a newer, broader standard. Which I think makes more sense going forward.

• 1 month later...

So, does anyone on here have any first-hand experience with the new Yari? 

Edit: Just read that the fork will only be available in October. It is OEM on a few 2016 bikes that can be bought now. 

Edited by Odinson