What BB must i buy

Konaman

I have this crankset   BB30. What BB should i buy? Please advise as i want to order one via internet. I currently have a shimano hollowtech external screw type on the frame ,that is the incorrect type

See Pic.

post-4949-0-71935800-1436473250_thumb.jpg

Edited by Konaman

Do you have a threaded, bb30 or press fit 30 frame? That would be your starting point. If its threaded, then most people will advise youn that the crank wont work on your bike. But if you remove the preload ring and use a wave washer, then you can use it .... If you buy the correct bb. Look on evobike website or as Naas, they sell a screw in bb that accomodates a 30mm axle, but set up will be a bit of trial and error.

Edited by JA-Q001

I have this crankset   BB30. What BB should i buy? Please advise as i want to order one via internet. I currently have a shimano hollowtech external screw type on the frame ,that is the incorrect type

See Pic.

It's not that easy.

BB Type is a combination of Frame BB shell and Crank set type.

Going on what you have said about your current BB being a threaded Shimano the chances of your BB30 crank fitting are extremely small/non existent.

Threaded BB30's being very uncommon due to BB30 spindles being shorter and requiring a very narrow shell width if using eternal cups.  

Edit: just to add: If your frame was converted to a threaded shell from a BB30 then all you need to do is press the threaded sleeve out and buy the bearings and circlips and you good to go.

Edited by Spoke101