Sram rival or ultegra 6800

Craig8252

Hi all

Deciding between a groupset for my new build.

Either:

1. Sram rival (with sram red crankset)

2. Full ultegra

The rival build is lighter by about 200grams with the red crankset.

Trying to decide... Any thoughts from my fellow hubbers...

Cheers

Running ultegra myself. The most unbelievable thing is the front shifting. It's incredible.

I would go ultegra. No doubt.

SRAM makes shimano look stupid with the crispness and speed of shifts. Will never going back.

SRAM will never as smooth as shimano, while they have a very light cluster its flawed in design and amplifies the slightest noise. i rode all 3 brands for a decent time should I ever change from campag it will be shimano.

If iam building a weight weenie bike it will def be SRAM RED, for comfort shimano and racing campag.

SRAM Rival! I have both SRAM Rival and Red on different bikes and they are booth smooth and reliable.

Flip a coin...  Nothing wrong with either.

If you already have the Red crank then I say stick with SRAM.  I have a Rival RD on one of my bikes (as well as Red / Force) and can honestly not tell the difference in shifting to the more expensive groupsets.

Thanks guys

And what about these two compared to campag chorus?

Is the price difference worth it on the campag chorus?

Thanks guys

Hell yeah! I rode Chorus for a while and went shamefully for awhile to Shimano on a substitute bike following a crash. There is something magical about Campag's performance imo. I'm busy switching back to Campag with a Record groupset. Shimano is for mountain biking. Pm me if you want an estimate on Chorus grouspet from an online supplier.

Thanks guys

They are all equally good and compete equally well against each other.

It comes down to persopnal preference particularly with regards the shift action, and price you willing to pay.

There was a comment regarding SRAM noise (this may have been sorted on more recent models), otherwise many overcome this using Shimano chains/cassettes.

Archived