Review: Extreme Lights XP3 and XP7 bike lights

Nick

Ordered my yesterday, and received it today. What good service. Had old Rider night light (1000 luminous) and just comparing the two, there is no comparison. Got the XP7 for Trans Baviaans. Will do night ride next week again to test properly and will give feedback.

• 1 month later...

Which light would you guys recommend for pre-dawn road rides? I'm assuming I don't need a hell of a lot of lumens as it's mostly for visibility and the few areas where there aren't bright street lights and I guess more light comes with more weight.

I cannot praise these lights enough!! I have the xp1 which is the entry level model that sells for 950 and it is far better than my old light which was made by an international brand.

Awesome product

Which light would you guys recommend for pre-dawn road rides? I'm assuming I don't need a hell of a lot of lumens as it's mostly for visibility and the few areas where there aren't bright street lights and I guess more light comes with more weight.

Hi Radman

Of the two in the review, I'd recommend the XP3. It sounds like the XP7 would be overkill for your needs.

But it sounds like the XP1 might be sufficient for your needs. Or even the XPi which is a single unit including the battery and light. However, it doesn't have as an impressive battery life as the other lights.

Ordered my yesterday, and received it today. What good service. Had old Rider night light (1000 luminous) and just comparing the two, there is no comparison. Got the XP7 for Trans Baviaans. Will do night ride next week again to test properly and will give feedback.

So, how did the light serve you at Trans Baviaans?

Hi Radman

Of the two in the review, I'd recommend the XP3. It sounds like the XP7 would be overkill for your needs.

But it sounds like the XP1 might be sufficient for your needs. Or even the XPi which is a single unit including the battery and light. However, it doesn't have as an impressive battery life as the other lights.

Thanks, Nick. SP1 on sale at the moment looks like a good option.

So, how did the light serve you at Trans Baviaans?

the light was above expectation. I used it most of the time on medium, but on fast down hills switch in on bright which gave me such confidence. Sometimes almost felt guilty how bright the light was compared to the other riders around me, but i am sure they also benefited from it. Unfortunately I decided Grootplaas still during day time, as it really would have benefited me here. One of by better investments.