Lost City Cycle Classic

Cav'

So who's riding this year?

I haven't done this race before, looks quite flat? 

Leaving PTA at 4 AM to make the start is a bit of a hassle..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me in...last year 10kays in a peleton crash took me out so hoping to finish....it is relatively flat however the wind picks up nicely as you come back to sun city ...nothing hectic.

also going to leave home (randburg) around 04:30 or so dependning on start time.

If I remember, the start is not that early.

We leave Fourways just before 5am, for the A batch start at 7:15.

It gets interesting at the first climb after the RH turn.

I love this race... nice and flat...

Only "warning" is when you ride through the township area, there are some speed bumps and railway lines... watch out for bottles flying.

As was mentioned, be prepared for a lekka head wind in the last couple km's

Other than that, awesome ride and of course great venue

Great fun, and normally pretty cold on the morning :) but yes there is light at the end of the tunnel, its the first race after winter training!

Yip going through again for this one....nice event to get things started again for the latter part of the year. Oh and Valley of the Waves afterwards

Also doing the dbl this year

Last year was quite disappointing as my saddle clamp popped out somewhere with those railway crossing.

And this year with the Elites super fast..

Legs are gonna be tired after clover, gonna be a good 10 week and a half of racing

I did the double 2 years ago, can remember the road was nice and flat. (Those speed bumps were quite scary in the group) I am thinking of driving through for the day just for only the road one this year....guess I should enter. Anyone want a lift? ^_^

I did the double 2 years ago, can remember the road was nice and flat. (Those speed bumps were quite scary in the group) I am thinking of driving through for the day just for only the road one this year....guess I should enter. Anyone want a lift? ^_^

entries close tonight....hurry

Archived