Vittoria Barzo Tyres

Sixes & Sevens

Reviving an old thread....

I am in the market for a new set of tyres and the options are either the Maxxis Ikon 29 x 2.20 skin wall or the Vittoria Barzo 29 x 2.25 tan wall. I like the tread pattern and have had good mileage out of the Vittoria Mezcal that I currently have but when feeling the side wall thickness of the Barzo tan wall compared to the Ikon side wall, the Ikon seems to have a much thicker and robust side wall compared to the Barzo, as far as I know the Barzo tan wall tyres don't have the compund as their normal Graphene 2.0 or Cape Cobra tyres.. I am quite heavy on my wheels and tyres and don't want to get something where I will end up tearing the side wall and have to replace with plenty tread still available on it. The wider tyre (Barzo) would suit me better as they will be mounted on 30mm Internal width rims. 

So my questions is... does anybody have any experience specifically with the Vittoria Barzo tan wall 29 x 2.20 tyre? and How did it hold up compared to other tyres you have used?