Bikefit vs Cyclefit

JJDT

Booked at Cyclefit for next weekend, hopefully get some relief from shoulder and neck pain on longer rides. Previous fit didn't work at all

Thank you, we look forward to assisting you at our Northcliff Studio.

Edited by Cycle_Fit

• 2 weeks later...

Digging up an older post, but where in Cape Town is the best place to get a proper fitting for a mountain bike?

At 188cm, I fall between a large and an XL frame.... Some places say that I'll be fine on a large, whilst other places say that I have to go to an XL. The one place that measured me up and said either frame could work for me, got a Large frame out, and set the seat at the 'correct' height for my size, and I looked at this bike, and thought 'Where is the step ladder to get up there?' 

Seriously, the seat was set somewhere above my belly button when standing next to the bike! I simply couldn't see how to physically mount the thing?! At least not without causing serious injury!

So, from all you good folks experience, where is the best place to get fitted?

Regards

G!

My 2cents here is go to Richard at Cyclefit Nortcliff. He has done my Road, MTB and Tribike and I have no issues.

My 2cents here is go to Richard at Cyclefit Nortcliff. He has done my Road, MTB and Tribike and I have no issues.

He's in the Western Cape.

Pay attention...

Digging up an older post, but where in Cape Town is the best place to get a proper fitting for a mountain bike?

At 188cm, I fall between a large and an XL frame.... Some places say that I'll be fine on a large, whilst other places say that I have to go to an XL. The one place that measured me up and said either frame could work for me, got a Large frame out, and set the seat at the 'correct' height for my size, and I looked at this bike, and thought 'Where is the step ladder to get up there?' 

Seriously, the seat was set somewhere above my belly button when standing next to the bike! I simply couldn't see how to physically mount the thing?! At least not without causing serious injury!

So, from all you good folks experience, where is the best place to get fitted?

Regards

G!

I believe Cycle Fit are opening a Cape Town studio in early 2016.

Also been to CycleFit Northcliff 3 or 4 times...twice for fitment and setup (on 2 different bikes)...the other times for buying some nice goodies for my bike :thumbup:  don't even think twice of phoning for an appointment...well worth your Moola's :clap: